Kenetrek foot pain

I need help. My kenetreks kill my feet and not because of heel slippage that you hear horror stories about. They fit my feet perfectly and are very comfortable for short periods of time but about halfway into a day of hiking they start to make the balls of my feet sore just below my big toe and it progressively get worse until it hurts to walk by the time I make it back to the trailhead. I need suggestions on how to fix this and I don't want to hear get different boots. Any insole recommendations, lacing techniques, etc... would be appreciated. They're mountain extreme 400s

grfox92

WKR
I need help. My kenetreks kill my feet and not because of heel slippage that you hear horror stories about. They fit my feet perfectly and are very comfortable for short periods of time but about halfway into a day of hiking they start to make the balls of my feet sore just below my big toe and it progressively get worse until it hurts to walk by the time I make it back to the trailhead. I need suggestions on how to fix this and I don't want to hear get different boots. Any insole recommendations, lacing techniques, etc... would be appreciated. They're mountain extreme 400s
I'm thinking insoles. The kenetrek insole gives you more arch support then any other boot I've ever tried. Maybe you don't need it and need an insole with less arch. A lot of stores like REI and Scheels have Superfeet insoles set to the side for you to try in your boots. I always use SF green in all my boots besides Kenetrek.

You might check with Kenetrek also. Some manufacturers void warranty with certain insoles like Superfeet claiming they wear out waterproof membranes.

Like you said, dont give up on the boots. I almost did because of heel blisters, but I figured it out and couldn't be happier. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

OP
Western Hunter270
I'm thinking insoles. The kenetrek insole gives you more arch support then any other boot I've ever tried. Maybe you don't need it and need an insole with less arch. A lot of stores like REI and Scheels have Superfeet insoles set to the side for you to try in your boots. I always use SF green in all my boots besides Kenetrek.

You might check with Kenetrek also. Some manufacturers void warranty with certain insoles like Superfeet claiming they wear out waterproof membranes.

Like you said, dont give up on the boots. I almost did because of heel blisters, but I figured it out and couldn't be happier. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
Contact Kenetrek, tell them what is going on, and ask them if they know a way to correct it.
I contacted Kenetrek today. We'll see what they say. Thanks guys.

UncleBone

WKR
what size boot? i wear a size 12 and I noticed on mine, that the hardware is much higher up on the toebox than on smaller sizes. It is like they didnt redesign the layout for the larger size. resulting in a terrible crease right under the bottom hardware. It is only getting worse the more the boots get broken in, but It is even on the brand new pairs I saw at scheels today. It is not a problem however, on the smaller sizes. I get extreme pain after about 8 or 10 miles in mine. Taking them back to scheels tomorrow and swapping for zamberlans or cripis that I noticed had a much better design. Gotta love scheels, letting you return boots after a few hundred miles of wearing them.

OP
Western Hunter270
what size boot? i wear a size 12 and I noticed on mine, that the hardware is much higher up on the toebox than on smaller sizes. It is like they didnt redesign the layout for the larger size. resulting in a terrible crease right under the bottom hardware. It is only getting worse the more the boots get broken in, but It is even on the brand new pairs I saw at scheels today. It is not a problem however, on the smaller sizes. I get extreme pain after about 8 or 10 miles in mine. Taking them back to scheels tomorrow and swapping for zamberlans or cripis that I noticed had a much better design. Gotta love scheels, letting you return boots after a few hundred miles of wearing them.
I'm only a 9.5 so I'm assuming that's not my issue. Since this post I've sold the Kenetreks and picked up a pair of crispis. Night and day difference. I'm satisfied with my guides.

UncleBone

WKR
Thanks for the feedback! im gonna walk around the store for 5 minutes in some crispis and some zambs and see what feels better for me. ive got skinny but long flat feet.