Keeping wall tent warm throughout the night.

After listening to the old podcast yesterday, Jordan, Robby and Travis were telling stories in the wall tent. Robby was talking about Travis’s pellet stove, and said that is was warm all night long. In my experience's, I’ve spent a few nights in a wall tent with a couple different stoves (Alaskan and a cylinder stove). What I like to do is put a couple of inches of dirt in the stove once camp is set up, get a fire going. Then a bed time throw a big chunk of coal on the fire! I’ve never had a burn through with this type of fire. When on a road camp it’s pretty easy to bring enough coal, when packing in on mules I try and take enough for each evening. Just an idea and hope it helps some folks.

Elkfever

Lil-Rokslider
We’ve had good success loading the wood stove up at bedtime with wood and one Idaho Energy Log. The energy logs burn much longer than regular firewood. Always wake up to enough coals to stoke the fire when we get up too.

elkliver

WKR
Pellet stoves have a hopper you fill-up. It requires an extension but works very well and runs all night. With a regular wood stove, type of wood, manage the oxygen intake and load wood carefully and fully

NRA4LIFE

WKR
I just invite a guy over 60. They always have to piss in the middle of the night.
Hey, c'mon man. Wait until you're 60, it ain't fun.

But seriously, have you considered one of these cheap diesel heaters? One of my partners uses and swears by them. And I'm hear to to tell you, his tent is warm, all night. I think it's a cheap thing off Amazon.