Kansas?

I am told that all the time, a buddy hooked me up with a treestand and a ground blind as a going away present so now I am almost required to shoot something from both.

69ChrisCraft

Lil-Rokslider
War damn eagle, huh?

Washington seems to be a lot like Oregon...turning into the next Californias. But the PNW is another area that I'd probably move to without much complaining too. What did you get your degrees in?

War Damn Eagle! My degrees are in Animal Science as well.

In regards to the politics, I've lived in the most liberal state in the nation and two of the most conservative. Neither end of the spectrum helped or hindered my passions for the outdoors. I can say this: regardless of the politics of CA, OR or WA they are much more conducive to the pursuits of the average Rokslider than are states east of the Rockies.

USMC2602

WKR
War Damn Eagle! My degrees are in Animal Science as well.

In regards to the politics, I've lived in the most liberal state in the nation and two of the most conservative. Neither end of the spectrum helped or hindered my passions for the outdoors. I can say this: regardless of the politics of CA, OR or WA they are much more conducive to the pursuits of the average Rokslider than are states east of the Rockies.

Can't argue with that statement at all. I dream of living in WY, MT, or CO but my life and living is here for now. I at least have my bride on board for getting a place there for vacations now and whenever I can say goodbye to the career part. KS politics are pathetic. My only point is that where you live is what you make of it, and there are some great outdoor opportunities in Kansas.

I will soon find out, I fully plan on invest as much time as possible in the outdoors, taking weekend trips to Colorado during the various hunting seasons if I can.

colonel00

WKR
For both of you moving to Kansas. Put in for some of these that are near where you are moving if you think you will be here in time for whichever season. These are good opportunities to get on some limited use areas. For something close to Leavenworth, check out the Benedictine Bottoms area for waterfowl or even a chance at some upland birds.

http://kdwpt.state.ks.us/Hunting/Special-Hunts-Information

ctdad

FNG
When I lived in Kansas I bought a lifetime hunting license. Now, with that license I can buy resident deer tags (unless they've changed the rule? ). Definitely look into that as well.

colonel00

WKR
When I lived in Kansas I bought a lifetime hunting license. Now, with that license I can buy resident deer tags (unless they've changed the rule? ). Definitely look into that as well.

Absolutely! I don't know the cost or requirements off the top of my head but it is a slam dunk no brainer.

Check that, $442 for a hunting license and you have to live in Kansas for a year prior to applying for the lifetime license. Still worth the money if you ever even think there is a remote chance that you will want to hunt Kansas again. Currently it looks like a non-res license is $72 and a deer tag is $347 compared to the $37 you would pay as a lifetime license holder.

http://kdwpt.state.ks.us/content/download/15813/106939/file/Lifetime License Application.pdf

This statement is a little muddy but essentially I read it as the lifetime license still requires additional tags for which you can still apply as a resident.

3. The lifetime hunting license does not include the privilege of hunting big game or wild turkey. A lifetime hunting or combination license holder that leaves the
State of Kansas and takes up residency in another state is eligible for small game hunting and may apply for a big game permit (deer, antelope, turkey or elk) in
Kansas as a resident. Anyone desiring to obtain a special permit for hunting deer, antelope, elk, or wild turkey may have his/her name placed in the drawing by
submitting an application during the announced application period with the proper permit fee enclosed

I get automatic residency as military personnel, I have been told about the lifetime tag before and its benefits. Definitely something I will look into.

Fixitman

Lil-Rokslider
there was some decent hunting on the back side of the fort. It's all river bottom ground above Sherman field. Was on a job up there last winter and watched a pretty nice buck walk across the road by the stables.