K connecter opinions

Look at the ones from the Ops Deck for a G-Hook that stays tight because it has a little wave built into the ladder lock itself. They are steel so not the lightweight kind you are looking for Rizzy but they will stay tight.

they stay tight... but they are a PITA to get loose in a hurry as well.

Joe

Patrick

FNG
Men, the K Connecter assembly weighs the same as the Quick Release buckle assembly it substitutes for. Really.

Rizzy

WKR
I'm splitting hairs here, but when I got my pack a month or so ago I was getting a .15 ounce difference between the individual K connectors and black SR buckles on my lab scale. On a one on one basis this is negligible, immeasurable on most scales, and doesn't matter to most. In terms of a sum total of connections it starts to add up and becomes measurable. This observation opened a can of worms for me. With my 4800 Highcamp configuration; being 2 long pockets and a medium pod, I have been able to shave 3 ounces off my base pack weight by switching out the 20 K connectors it would take to run this configuration back to SR Buckles. For me this has been an easy way to shave a little base weight.

I really like the K connectors for lash straps. All it takes is 2 k connectors and a length of webbing for a lot of uses. You can even wrap the webbing around a tree branch and hook the K connector back onto the webbing, then hook the other K connector to the handle on the hanging meat baggie.

Shrek

WKR
Rizzy , put the lab scale away ! Just run what works for you and sleep well at night. When you start worrying about .15 oz weight differences and the 3 oz total you are getting close to a diagnosable mental condition . If you like the functionality of the k hook then run them.

wapitibob

WKR
I'm a believer in using the gear that works for your style and then losing the weight where you can. I lost 21# in August and couldn't lighten my pack that much unless I left the whole thing at home.