Josh Peterson phone Snowy Mountains

MOwhitetail

Lil-Rokslider
I was up in the Snowy Mountains of Wyoming this weekend doing some hiking and I found an iPhone. It looked like it had been there for quite awhile and I figured it was trash. I threw it in my bag and figured I’d pack it out to dispose of. When I got home, I plugged it in and miraculously it turned on. It is locked so all I can see is the medical ID info in the emergency section which gave me the name Josh Peterson and a height and weight. The screensaver is a picture of a boy holding a nice whitetail buck. I know it’s a long shot, but if anyone knows of a Josh Peterson who lost his phone in Wyoming please let me know so I can try to return it to its owner.

SDHNTR

WKR
I did this exact same thing in Colorado a few years ago. Phone had survived over a year in the elements, through a long winter even. Pretty incredible. Very cool!

Newer iPhones are actually pretty durable. I lost mine out duck hunting this year and managed to go back 3 days later and find it by connecting a Bluetooth earpiece. The phone still had 50% battery after laying out in the snow in -10 degree weather for almost 72 hrs.

Glad to see this worked out for Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wytx

WKR
Thought you might be related to someone I know with that same last name, I think you are.
Anyway folks try to help around here if they can. We're still pretty small town like.

We found a phone one Spring along a CR over by Saratoga, looked like it had been there all winter.
Son dried it out , put a battery in it and it showed at least the guys hunting license pic.
Found him online in Nebraska and sent it back, he was grateful to get his contacts back.

Thought you might be related to someone I know with that same last name, I think you are.
Anyway folks try to help around here if they can. We're still pretty small town like.

We found a phone one Spring along a CR over by Saratoga, looked like it had been there all winter.
Son dried it out , put a battery in it and it showed at least the guys hunting license pic.
Found him online in Nebraska and sent it back, he was grateful to get his contacts back.
It’s cool a few people still care in this world. I’m very appreciative. I had a weird feeling when I lost it in snow that someone would find it in summer. You found me on messenger, check with me there who I’m related to