OP
Shupe88

Shupe88

WKR
Must have went with Pse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I haven't seen the video you're referring to, but I'll say this. It's pretty easy to call successful people "idiots" for their methods, as long as one is willing to completely ignore their results. *shrug*

If he can shoot, the results will always be broken arrows. Are those the results you're talking about? I doubt it, but BH tuning results can just as easily be obtained by shooting the BH arrows FIRST, without destroying your FP arrows. By the way, I've met a lot of "successful" morons.

ChrisS

WKR
If he can shoot, the results will always be broken arrows. Are those the results you're talking about? I doubt it, but BH tuning results can just as easily be obtained by shooting the BH arrows FIRST, without destroying your FP arrows. By the way, I've met a lot of "successful" morons.
When I first started archery, I did this once and shot the BH after the FP. Luckily, all I did was slice off a vane which was enough to realize that was pretty dumb.

Trial153

WKR
Whatever company he jumps to it will be because their performance, innovation and technology is perfect fit for him.

I think its time that the Archery industry break the mold they created of prostaffing and branding for people. Its all just dead weight and added expensive. Couple that with market that has an arguably hard ceiling, it a long term losser.

Only problem I see is whoever he goes to you will be paying more for the bows than you did before. These guys generally get paid pretty good. That money needs to come from somewhere.

Somewhere around 12 years ago Lee and Tiffany were approached by a smaller company and my understanding was it was going to be over 100k for them to switch brands. Can't be positive that was truthful but I think it was pretty close.

bobinmi

WKR
Only problem I see is whoever he goes to you will be paying more for the bows than you did before. These guys generally get paid pretty good. That money needs to come from somewhere.

Somewhere around 12 years ago Lee and Tiffany were approached by a smaller company and my understanding was it was going to be over 100k for them to switch brands. Can't be positive that was truthful but I think it was pretty close.

I think you're pretty close. I know Snyder has talked about turning down pretty close to 80K when he decided to go with a strugglestick.

mlgc20

WKR
I enjoy his podcast, but admit I don't listed to every single one. So, I may be wrong here. But, I haven't found most of his content to be overly brand specific. Not to say he's brand neutral. Just that I haven't felt his podcast is overly weighted towards Hoyt (I shoot a Mathews). Seems like he pushes Sitka way more strongly than Hoyt.

dtrkyman

WKR
Wherever he lands he will be a huge help to that brand, I can't think of anyone on his level giving out free technical info as often as he does.

He has an online archery school, who else does this?

Hope he is paid well and continues helping the archery community.

Phat Cowboy

Lil-Rokslider
I'm assuming his decision to separate from Hoyt has more to do with his input into the company than it does anything to do with money. I'm also going to assume that whomever he's chosen to go with has offered him more stock in the decision making. If you believed strongly in something and your boss wasn't willing to listen you'd look at moving on as well. I've followed Duds for many years and implemented a lot of his teachings and it's helped me. I've never met him but my instincts tell me he's a good dude. And if he seems a little dramatic it's probably because he really does care deeply about his relationships at Hoyt and this is truly a very difficult decision for him.