Jocko Willink Origin Hunting Gear?

I was listening to the Jocko/ Joe Rogan podcast and it was mentioned that Origin, a company that Jocko is invested in, is working on technical hunting gear that is all made and sourced in the USA. Jocko mentioned he is hoping to have it out by Aug of '22, in time for western big game seasons. It will be interesting to see how it compares to the current dominators in the market such as sitka, kuiu, first lite etc. Did anyone else listen to that podcast? Would you buy the product given it was in line with or a little higher priced with what's on the market today? Jocko has been wearing sitka so I'm assuming whatever he comes up with will be as good or better. If this has already been brought up my apologies.

Heard the sam podcast and was looking for his gear. I think there is a brand called Pnuma that may be American made. I have a wool top. Nice quality from the one piece I have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awasome

Lil-Rokslider
Another thread discussing this.

Heard the sam podcast and was looking for his gear. I think there is a brand called Pnuma that may be American made. I have a wool top. Nice quality from the one piece I have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pnuma is made in china and Vietnam from what ive heard

def90

WKR
In addition to my post above. I hope he does it and I hope he is successful. More choices are better for everyone, more industry and money spent at home is better for everyone.

Jn78

Lil-Rokslider
I am sure it will be good stuff and I am sure the price will reflect it.

100% US made will be expensive. Yes, there will be people that will pay for it as well as there will be an equal number of haters.
Most likely, but the price of a lot of Sitka pieces turns me off altogether on owning anything from that company. $600 jackets and $400 pants are crazy town prices. Are we talking gold plated zippers or what?

Looking at the Origin website, those prices could easily be for quality stuff made overseas. $125 jeans and $380 hand made boots are reasonable. The hoodie, maybe not. Just my $.02.

Wapiti151

WKR
If he can get Rogan, Stumpf, Dudley...and who knows, Barklow has been establishing his own following as of late....if those guys dive all in, this thing can't fail as long as the quality backs it up

LonePeak18

Lil-Rokslider
If they can make quality and decently priced clothing in the USA then bravo. Not only is it expensive to make clothing in the US but generally speaking, the quality does not compare to overseas. Although that seems counterintuitive, we just don't have a large work force that is trained in "cut and sew" products. Becoming an expert on a sewing machine takes 3-5 years (I know because that's what I do for a living). Its just easier to find workers with that level of expertise overseas. Hopefully the US can change that in the next 10 years.

def90

WKR
If he can get Rogan, Stumpf, Dudley...and who knows, Barklow has been establishing his own following as of late....if those guys dive all in, this thing can't fail as long as the quality backs it up

Barklow works for and is a pretty high up guy at Sitka so I doubt he’s on board.

Wapiti151

WKR
Barklow works for and is a pretty high up guy at Sitka so I doubt he’s on board.
Yeah I know that, but he’s also been establishing a following of his own recently and is very close to Jocko, Dudley, Rogan, and crew. I know corporate environments aren’t always the best at breeding creativity and allowing freedom to decision makers. I wouldn’t be surprised if barklow stays with Sitka, but I always wouldn’t be shocked if barklow takes on a new challenge with a buddy’s company that he could invest in too…while also being able to do whatever he wants when it comes to gear. With all that being said though, if Barklow was going to jump ship…I’d guess he would have done it already to be a part of the development.

TX_Diver

WKR
Some Origin wool showed up on Cameron Hanes social media today with one of the original UA founders.

I've got some origin BJJ stuff and love it. I'm sure it'll be priced accordingly but I'll likely give it a try. Much prefer to buy stuff that's made in the USA.