Jimmy John kills potential new state record sheep in NM

WRO

WKR
Follow the money maybe that will help your incoherent brain the fact the you look at google for any relavent informations tell everyone alot about you......

all game agency are influenced by the same organizations just different names in each state you bitch about ranchers pushing policy's that kill sheep then say money from auction tag helps keep them on the mountian maybe if the wild sheep foundation actually cared about putting more sheep on the mountian they would push back hard on some of the issues but they don't all the wild sheep foundation cares about is having enough auction tags available for there rich donors. All while the average sportmans is loosing tags for a chance at drawing a sheep tag yet the auction tags stay the same.

They actually do, you’d know that if you had a clue to go with your opinion..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Choogiak

FNG
Lol, Alaska sucks, the guides over pressure everything and the winter kill has been horrible. Please buy your expensive sheep trophy's from Canada! Only partly kidding 😜

Wyo_hntr

WKR
A useless tidbit, but I just spoke to a guide that was one of a few guides on a governors tag a few years ago with ol Jimmy and he didn't have many (ie zero) nice things to say about him.

schmalzy

WKR
A useless tidbit, but I just spoke to a guide that was one of a few guides on a governors tag a few years ago with ol Jimmy and he didn't have many (ie zero) nice things to say about him.

I stand corrected then on the earlier post where I said I was under the impression he was cool and sharing accolades with everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
False! RMBS, for example of just one, does a ton of work to suport and protect sheep herds in Colo.
They do auction the LONE auction ram tag and raffle to LONE raffle shep tag for the state. That is hardly being ‘morphed into procurators….’ to benefit a select subset on individuals.
I havent followed this thread super close but everytime things like this get brought up people always say that these orgs do work to support xyz but has it ever been substantiated that its actually doing any good? Like I said, I havent followed it super close but has anyone been able to post anything that shows its working?

Last edited:

Sandbrew

FNG
I havent followed this thread super close but everytime things like this get brought up people always say that these orgs do work to support xyz but has it ever been substantiated that its actually doing any good? Like I said, I havent followed it super close but has anyone been able to post anything that shows its working?
@CorbLand check page 14 and post #278 for some proof of these dollars benefiting the average hunters.

Sandbrew

FNG
Do you happen to know how much funding RMBS provided for this effort?
Don't hold me to this it was 20 years ago - but I think the RMBS donated $20,000 or $25,000? plus some matching funds from the sheep specific Auction and Raffle fund where all the money is held. Here's a snapshot of the 2007 total sheep fund and expenses this was the oldest electronic file I could find on this PC. They moved a total of 58 sheep there to S73 in 2005. Sandbrew1724876822936.png

CorbLand

WKR
Don't hold me to this it was 20 years ago - but I think the RMBS donated $20,000 or $25,000? plus some matching funds from the sheep specific Auction and Raffle fund where all the money is held. Here's a snapshot of the 2007 total sheep fund and expenses this was the oldest electronic file I could find on this PC. They moved a total of 58 sheep there to S73 in 2005. SandbrewView attachment 756904
No worries. Was just curious if someone had ever posted anything and could substantiate it. I remember seeing one post where someone showed that even with more and more funding coming from auction tags, opportunity has been decreasing since.

MtnW

WKR
It’s been a while but I use to be on the board of the Rocky Mtn Bighorn Society in Colorado . I remember a water guzzler project I volunteered on with about 15 others that was funded by a Colorado Bighorn suction tag . The money was given to the DOW to build water guzzlers for areas that water sources had become depleted or encroached upon by civilization in previous native bighorn habitats . Also in areas where water sources were easy for Mtn lions to ambush sheep. We hiked up to the designated areas that were determined the best spots for the water guzzlers and the DOW used helicopters to fly in the materials in which we constructed the water guzzlers . The chopper time was very expensive. This is one of the examples where the auction tags helped fund putting more sheep on the Mtn.
MtnW