Jimmy John kills potential new state record sheep in NM

If you and your friends are all out there scouting and learning the area and setting up all your gear that is different than if your friends did all that while you were absent and then you show up to their camp and on opening day they lead you to the animal they found.

The OIL tags are the tough ones. Its OIL and you really want to be successful and hiring a guide is very tempting. But the experience, to me, is important and being lead to an animal is not a true hunting experience, to me. This hunt, along with most of JJ's hunts, is an example of killing an animal without actually experiencing a true hunt in my opinion. The thread on here about the NV silver state deer tag is the same. Hire a guide, show up and kill the deer they show you on day 1. You become the shooter, not a hunter.

My wife hunts with me. She told me a couple of weeks ago someone at her work brought up her tag this year and someone else commented that they didn't know she hunted. She said "I don't hunt, I am a hunters wife". She follows me around and shoots at what I tell her to shoot at. She doesn't call herself a hunter because she knows she doesnt actually do any of the "hunting".
My friends, as I have with them, would treat it as their own tag and crush the mountain, every opportunity they got, even before hunt date, it’s a collaboration of intel, and may the only opportunity any of them would get to hunt and hold a sheep even if not their bullet. From experience.

So I guess Im also a guide and not just a hunter of sheep.

You can’t really say what JJ’s experience was or wasn’t, with our being there or interviewing G. Man. Pure speculation @ this point. You can’t even really say how physical it was or wasn’t if you haven’t been in the Jemez’s. You don’t know if it took 1 day or 15 days…

people talk smack about optics, but yet they are the ones speculating and then painting that speculation as the optics.

99.9 % of lower 48 tags are 100%.

j3butch

Lil-Rokslider
Really? You don't get it?

It's optics. You've got a guy dumping 300k for a tag, hiring a dozen guys to find his animal, he goes and shoots it. Then the pics with all the hired hands, extended family, etc.

It's off putting for many sportsmen. Is the money going to a good cause? Probably. Does it look good? Not really.

In essence, it's easy to dislike, even if it's justifiable.
I get your point but like others have said, if I had the money I’d be buying Gov tags to have the chance to hunt world class animals

Idaho has had some of the more m.ovi die offs in the nation. Our ranching community here is horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let's hit that one, "our ranching community is horrible". Pretty hypocritical when the high dollar governor tag guys are major land developers, but ya tell me about how little we know of m.ovi and how those making a living in rural America are "horrible".

Sent from my Pixel 8a using Tapatalk

WRO

WKR
Let's hit that one, "our ranching community is horrible". Pretty hypocritical when the high dollar governor tag guys are major land developers, but ya tell me about how little we know of m.ovi and how those making a living in rural America are "horrible".

Sent from my Pixel 8a using Tapatalk

Let’s see fighting the 2 fence law for imported cervids that gave us our cwd outbreak, refusing any limits on domestics in our public lands that kill wild sheep, the list goes on and on.

On the record I have a ton of friends that are ranchers, but the Idaho wildlife politics than are ran by the ranching community suck.

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
We have pumped record money the sheep orgs and our return as been absolutely abysmal.

These organizations have been have morphed into procurators to ensure access to tags for a select subset of hunters.
False! RMBS, for example of just one, does a ton of work to suport and protect sheep herds in Colo.
They do auction the LONE auction ram tag and raffle to LONE raffle shep tag for the state. That is hardly being ‘morphed into procurators….’ to benefit a select subset on individuals.

Archer86

WKR
Let’s see fighting the 2 fence law for imported cervids that gave us our cwd outbreak, refusing any limits on domestics in our public lands that kill wild sheep, the list goes on and on.

On the record I have a ton of friends that are ranchers, but the Idaho wildlife politics than are ran by the ranching community suck.

Huh weird so the same guys that want to auction off sheep tags to the highest bidder are also the same ones that are killing all the sheep with their politics 🤔

Acharenio

FNG
He purchased the Colo auction tag for $600k and there is a monumentally giant ram that he will be first in line to try to hunt.
hunt? he doesn't hunt, he shows up when the 50 guys glassing for him calls him and shoots, that's what he did here when he shot that velvet bull, that bull never had a chance, to me that's not the essence of hunting and challenge. i understand he wants to show all the billionairs his man cave with all the trophys and also he is not a very nice guy.

WRO

WKR
Huh weird so the same guys that want to auction off sheep tags to the highest bidder are also the same ones that are killing all the sheep with their politics

My Google translate doesn’t compute, can you please restate in a coherent fashion?

IDVortex

WKR
My Google translate doesn’t compute, can you please restate in a coherent fashion?

I think he means, that the same ranchers who support selling governor tags that are in charge of our game laws are also for killing or limiting our game animals if it benefits them from being payed out from the Feds or the state, or if they can sell/give tags out to their buddies only. Other than that, they give zero shits about the public resources.
I wouldn't say a single politician in Boise has a single care or worry if they're policies have a negative effect for the sportsman's of Idaho, unless it's for the wealthy or their buddies. But, they're politicians, just like the ones in NI, they're all just a bunch of c****.

WRO

WKR
I think he means, that the same ranchers who support selling governor tags that are in charge of our game laws are also for killing or limiting our game animals if it benefits them from being payed out from the Feds or the state, or if they can sell/give tags out to their buddies only. Other than that, they give zero shits about the public resources.
I wouldn't say a single politician in Boise has a single care or worry if they're policies have a negative effect for the sportsman's of Idaho, unless it's for the wealthy or their buddies. But, they're politicians, just like the ones in NI, they're all just a bunch of c****.

This started with nm, and multiple states sell gov tags, I have the most familiarity with Oregon fnaws and national, and it’s not run by ranchers that want domestics everywhere.

hunt? he doesn't hunt, he shows up when the 50 guys glassing for him calls him and shoots, that's what he did here when he shot that velvet bull, that bull never had a chance, to me that's not the essence of hunting and challenge. i understand he wants to show all the billionairs his man cave with all the trophys and also he is not a very nice guy.

I feel the same about Pronghorns in general, I’m glad that most states make you at least get out of the truck

Archer86

WKR

Follow the money maybe that will help your incoherent brain the fact the you look at google for any relavent informations tell everyone alot about you......

all game agency are influenced by the same organizations just different names in each state you bitch about ranchers pushing policy's that kill sheep then say money from auction tag helps keep them on the mountian maybe if the wild sheep foundation actually cared about putting more sheep on the mountian they would push back hard on some of the issues but they don't all the wild sheep foundation cares about is having enough auction tags available for there rich donors. All while the average sportmans is loosing tags for a chance at drawing a sheep tag yet the auction tags stay the same.

Archer86

WKR
This started with nm, and multiple states sell gov tags, I have the most familiarity with Oregon fnaws and national, and it’s not run by ranchers that want domestics everywhere.

Nope oregon is run by liberals that want unlimited predators on the landscape and no hunting at all.