Jimmy John kills potential new state record sheep in NM

Wyo_hntr

WKR
lol go win a 5k

Get over it, people hire guides/outfitters to help them accomplish their hunting goal of killing a trophy animal.

Don't shit on other hunters that hire guides, you make the hunting community look bad.....
You asked. I answered. Nobody shat on anyone.

Your attitude is kinda shitty, but other than that I just answered your question, why?

aoudad

FNG
You asked. I answered. Nobody shat on anyone.

Your attitude is kinda shitty, but other than that I just answered your question, why?
Na man, I head to WY in a week my attitude is great.......

Just found it funny all the guys talking trash about guys buying tags and hiring guides......

Jimmy John killed a hell of a ram, put a lot of $ back in sheep conservation.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
lol go win a 5k

Get over it, people hire guides/outfitters to help them accomplish their hunting goal of killing a trophy animal.

Don't shit on other hunters that hire guides, you make the hunting community look bad.....
Agree with it or not- keying in on "Trophy Animal" is the public battle ground for the future of hunting

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Na man, I head to WY in a week my attitude is great.......

Just found it funny all the guys talking trash about guys buying tags and hiring guides......

Jimmy John killed a hell of a ram, put a lot of $ back in sheep conservation.
He did kill a nice ram. His guides did a great job finding it.

It's one way to do it. Sone would rather "win a 5k" and not have their hand held I suppose. To each their own.

aoudad

FNG
Agree with it or not- keying in on "Trophy Animal" is the public battle ground for the future of hunting
That's a whole other thread....... Every podcast talks about trophy hunting, everyone wants the biggest animal they can kill....... states put limits on the size of animals you can kill ( I know TX does) gonna be interesting to see what happens in the future......

Mr Thornton had a good podcast about this.

That's a whole other thread....... Every podcast talks about trophy hunting, everyone wants the biggest animal they can kill....... states put limits on the size of animals you can kill ( I know TX does) gonna be interesting to see what happens in the future......

Mr Thornton had a good podcast about this.
Not everyone wants the biggest animal they can kill.

WRO

WKR
The whole governors tag would be more tolerable if it didn’t involve dozens of guides scouting statewide for months and then the “hunter” flying out when he gets a call they found a 190” ram to shoot it the next day. It’s even worse when the hunter has to be packed into the shooting or kill on horse back because they couldn’t physically walk there.

I don’t buy the money for conservation argument because even a $500k chunk of cash represents 1% or less of an annual state game agency budget. Lots of fish and game agencies require a few hundred million per year. If they were serious about funding wildlife they would have a 1/8 cent sales tax funding the agency like Missouri does and pull in $300,000,000/year.

The difference is how the money is spent.. Conservation groups get 10-20% of the proceeds and they actually get stuff done. If there weren’t groups like the WSF putting sheep on the mountain and advocating for them, the money would go to frog gender studies or some shit.

In Oregon for example, all of the auction and raffle proceeds go to access and habitat. A few hundred thousand acres are opened to all hunters because of it.

WRO

WKR
I quoted it before but I'll post it again from WSF CEO Gary Thornton.

“The fact that a handful of individuals stepped up at these levels to put and keep more wild sheep on the mountain for everyone, and one day put more sheep permits into the public draws, is the definition of paying it forward. That’s the backbone of conservation.”

That sounds exactly like someone pissing on me and telling me it's raining.

It don't think it is jealously to know when we are being pandered to and manipulated.

As I posted before, if sportsmen prove unwilling to accept additional fees or to participate in raffles to replace auction revenue, then I guess WSF is proven right and the auctions should continue. Arizona may be a case study for the rest of the western states in this regard.

There not, it’s been proven time and time again, every time there’s an increase resident hunters whine like the sky is falling. Most are very unwilling to donate or support sheep in a meaningful way because tags are so impossible to get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Negative every animal every posted on Social Media is a trophy then.
It's all about perception-
Hunters love seeing big animals
Anti- hunters despise any and all hunting

The majority of people not in either of the two above categories support harvesting your own food but don't support "Trophy Hunting".

What happens when hunting losses the support of that silent majority? Nothing good that's for sure.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

It's all about perception-
Hunters love seeing big animals
Anti- hunters despise any and all hunting

The majority of people not in either of the two above categories support harvesting your own food but don't support "Trophy Hunting".

What happens when hunting losses the support of that silent majority? Nothing good that's for sure.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk
Well then we need to stop having photo contests on RS, as we are even more guilty of spreading photos. Nothing untastefull about JJ’s photos.