Jimmy John kills potential new state record sheep in NM

But he still consults there in the test kitchen.

The one raffle tag and the $600,000 will go MUCH farther helping the sheep in NM than if it went you you or I for $3000. Good for JJ, I’d love to be in a position to bid against him.

Yelp let’s be honest, this years Gov Tag and probably next years Gov tag… will most likely pay for majority of the 2014 transplant efforts for Jemez’s. So two sheep paid for what is now a 150 plus herd of sheep.

hates don’t want to talk about that though.

Also regular Sheep tags don’t pay for a fraction of the states 5k desert sheep facility that’s responsible for 99% of desert sheep re-introduction efforts

Last edited:

WCB

WKR
Hunts like this are what helps put sheep hunts out of reach for a lot of people.

Only the ultra wealthy have access to hunts like this.

I ain’t mad at him for his success, I just hate what some hunting is seeming to become; following some European countries where only the wealthy can afford to hunt at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Sorry but Supply and demand are keeping sheep hunts out of reach...not a few auction tags. What does a resident application cost average in most states? Almost zero in relative terms. How many states have sheep and now figure how bad the odds are as a non-resident to draw. Make the tags free in the lower 48...chance to hunt them is still out of reach realistically for 99+% of hunters.

TheTone

WKR
I’ll say it, the sandwiches are extremely overrated

If all the big money sheep tags are helping sheep herds should tag numbers be climbing significantly? I see them doing a much better job of putting sheep in trophy rooms not sheep on the mountain. Saw another posse ram online this week with all sort of people congratulating the killer. The truth is the ram was ridiculously visible and nothing about the hunt was difficult. Just a matter of spending big money on a tag to go kill it

I’m a huge fan of the sheep work kuiu has been helping with the past few years, all done without a single sheep being sold to the highest bidder

I’ll say it, the sandwiches are extremely overrated

If all the big money sheep tags are helping sheep herds should tag numbers be climbing significantly? I see them doing a much better job of putting sheep in trophy rooms not sheep on the mountain. Saw another posse ram online this week with all sort of people congratulating the killer. The truth is the ram was ridiculously visible and nothing about the hunt was difficult. Just a matter of spending big money on a tag to go kill it

I’m a huge fan of the sheep work kuiu has been helping with the past few years, all done without a single sheep being sold to the highest bidder
They’re doing great work but Jason wasn’t afraid of throwing down for the opportunity to hunt or more accurately his wife and took Goliath. I’m supportive of both, he and the culture he built put their money where their mouth is.

The complaints here sound like something I would read on liberal woke media. I’ve had a few sandwiches and I thought they were decent. Thank you for posting the content of how he actually grew his company into what it is. I had zero idea. I can relate, I’m jealous I do not have money to buy governor tags. But that isn’t jimmys fault! That’s mine ! I have alot of respect for this guy and how he chooses to spend his money. This is a community of a ton of great people let’s just keep it that way. The argument is literally a back country kill is way more legit than the guy that road hunts and gets an animal. At the end of the day we should be hunters that are at a camp fire having a good time telling stories.

Archer86

WKR
Hunts like this is what pays to keep sheep on the mountain. They are looking for resons to die and are not cheap to keep atound
Imagine how much money could be raised in a raffle with some simple advertising. 180000 nr buying points in a wyoming if you got half that number to buy a single raffle ticket and cap every buyer at one ticker for 25 that would raise way more then a auction tag and You would likely get more hunters to care about sheep then a select group of ultra wealthy

Do we know where this money really ends up? Or just goes to the government agency?
mute point. Name one state that has such a solid conservation plan that is spot on. We are all giving money to government even to get a chance at a general tag. This is no different, the money is just exponentially larger then what is what is taken out of my account to buy a point in a state I may be able to hunt in a few years.

Lawnboi

WKR
mute point. Name one state that has such a solid conservation plan that is spot on. We are all giving money to government even to get a chance at a general tag. This is no different, the money is just exponentially larger then what is what is taken out of my account to buy a point in a state I may be able to hunt in a few years.

I’m just seeing the money going to conservation being given as a plus, and asking. I’m not saying the situation is bad.

I also know how government agencies operate.

Just a little perspective.

It would be much easier to stomach this kind of thing if we knew what the money was going towards. Same can be said for the money we pay for tags ect.

2531usmc

WKR
Do we know where this money really ends up? Or just goes to the government agency?
That’s the question I would ask. Does the state really use all of this tag money for sheep ie over and above the normal annual budget. Or does the state short the DNR by $300k knowing the tag auction will make that up?

KurtR

WKR
Imagine how much money could be raised in a raffle with some simple advertising. 180000 nr buying points in a wyoming if you got half that number to buy a single raffle ticket and cap every buyer at one ticker for 25 that would raise way more then a auction tag and You would likely get more hunters to care about sheep then a select group of ultra wealthy
Maybe but your assuming all those people would buy a chance. I could really care less about shooting a sheep and would never buy one and know most the guys I hunt with don’t really care so you might get a quarter of the people. Then you have to take all the cost associated with running the raffle out and time.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved

All you guys that think raffle tags could equal the auction tag revenues with a little advertising should just do a tiny bit of research. Idaho for instance has two tags, one for the raffle and one for the auction. The auction consistently brings 4 to 10 times the raffle tag. Most of the time it just depends if Unit 11 is in the raffle or the auction…both tags are done each year. There is a TON more advertising done for the raffle tags and ZERO spent on promoting the auction tag. I can tell you from actually speak to the sheep biologist that she is quite pleased with the funding that comes from the auction tag.

Those rich guys buy a TON of raffle tickets too so don’t think for a second your chances are that much better in the raffle.