Jim Shockey Film

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Jim is an incredible man that is living an incredible life and has always shared it with those around him. My heart goes out to Jim as I have lost my wife of 40 years six years ago after a battle with cancer. I remember the episode when he stated Louise was diagnosed and I knew the path ahead for them wasn't good. Very sad actually, and you see in this short movie just how much he misses her. His heart is broken, but he is not. His shows are among the best ever and the best parts were when he shows what everything else around the hunt is like, especially the people and culture. Revolutionary, and there will never be anyone else like him. I do like his show/podcast "shock therapy" but it's not like the hunting shows. I really enjoyed this short movie....a true masterpiece.

Interesting. He’s been bopping all over the globe with one of the SCI auction girls since a month or two after his wife died from what I’ve seen. Lots of bad looks for old Jim past and present IMHO. Actions speak louder than words. Very, very few of the “celebrities” in the industry are what they appear. I think I’ll pass on the dramatic film.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
The hero worship in the hunting industry is second to none and kinda gross. After the BS he pulled with the deposits during covid I’d say crook or scammer is a more fitting.

But he is such a good guy!!! He only stole 30% when he could have stolen the whole 50% deposit.......

Like @CorbLand said. Its fun to watch the guys that preach about the right thing do the dishonest thing when its gonna cost them money out of their own wallet.

Bcleck90

WKR
I wrote a bunch and deleted it. Y’all google the post and come up with your own conclusion, but that’s about all I need to see.

My vote is he sucks.

IMG_7323.png

WRO

WKR
Interesting. He’s been bopping all over the globe with one of the SCI auction girls since a month or two after his wife died from what I’ve seen. Lots of bad looks for old Jim past and present IMHO. Actions speak louder than words. Very, very few of the “celebrities” in the industry are what they appear. I think I’ll pass on the dramatic film.

I have a very close friend who did similar after his wife passed from a long battle with cancer.

The mourning process starts much earlier when it’s inevitable and drawn out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a 223....but it is a CA and a Leupold. He never missed with it either...even after dropping it down a rockslide! Weiserbucks..well he did say he was hard on his clients in the early days...pushed them to success, so maybe your buddy was soft and didn't like it.

As far as losing a hunt deposit to covid, he had expenses to cover whether you show up or not for his hunting season, he pays costs out in advance and its not his fault lockdowns took place either. Blame China.

unless you have had your long time spouse die, you have no idea how one should mourn that loss. some take a long time for it to ease up and get back to normal while others handle it much better and can move on more quickly...and some never move on and it impacts their life until they themselves pass on. I too have friends that got passed the grief much faster than I have. don't judge when it comes to a grieving process.

who one hooks up with, whether she is younger or older...who cares? lots of young women like older men for lots of reasons. Louise passed a year ago...give the guy a break already. everyone knows how tight Jim and Louise were, unless you were blind, stupid and arrogant.

z987k

WKR
Not a 223....but it is a CA and a Leupold. He never missed with it either...even after dropping it down a rockslide! Weiserbucks..well he did say he was hard on his clients in the early days...pushed them to success, so maybe your buddy was soft and didn't like it.

As far as losing a hunt deposit to covid, he had expenses to cover whether you show up or not for his hunting season, he pays costs out in advance and its not his fault lockdowns took place either. Blame China.
You can't keep a deposit if you can't or won't actually provide the service. Not ethically anyways.
As far as legally that depends on the jurisdiction and what terms you agreed to.
Agreeing to completely non refundable deposits is really dumb on the purchasers side.