Jim Green African Ranger Barefoot Boots

Lawnboi

WKR
Have you guys used an insole in these? If so was it the Jim green insole? I’m probably going to try one. I think I have plenty of room for one.

id_jon

WKR
Have you guys used an insole in these? If so was it the Jim green insole? I’m probably going to try one. I think I have plenty of room for one.
I used a pair out of a pair of scarpa shoes until they wore through, for the last month or so I've been using these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000S6GBI6?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_fed_asin_title

The tread, while not super aggressive, is insanely grippy. It does wear really fast though, since it's a soft compound. They've been great roof shoes.

Lawnboi

WKR
I used a pair out of a pair of scarpa shoes until they wore through, for the last month or so I've been using these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000S6GBI6?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_fed_asin_title

The tread, while not super aggressive, is insanely grippy. It does wear really fast though, since it's a soft compound. They've been great roof shoes.
My worry is the tread won’t last long. 20 bucks gets you a new outsole. I don’t know how hard it is to change out but from a little YouTube searching it dosnt look hard

The construction of the boot is impressive for a sub 200$ boot

OP
B

BBob

WKR
(y) I like the soles. Quiet and grippy. No complaints in the field so far. I added a flat leather insole to take up a little volume. No arch support or anything like that, just a flat piece of leather.

Last edited:

Lawnboi

WKR
Threw some thin vivobarefoot soles in my Jim greens and it helped a bit. Not quite able to make no insole work, atleast not broken in, too rough on my feet. Insole makes it better.

Different wear than the Vivos, but maybe good. I wear my vivos loose and wear the Jim greens tighter like a regular boot.

With an insole and more miles I’m really liking them.

I need to get them off trail to see if the sole is viable as a hunting sole for me, if it is I’ll order some barefoot troopers as soon as they come in stock.

id_jon

WKR
Threw some thin vivobarefoot soles in my Jim greens and it helped a bit. Not quite able to make no insole work, atleast not broken in, too rough on my feet. Insole makes it better.

Different wear than the Vivos, but maybe good. I wear my vivos loose and wear the Jim greens tighter like a regular boot.

With an insole and more miles I’m really liking them.

I need to get them off trail to see if the sole is viable as a hunting sole for me, if it is I’ll order some barefoot troopers as soon as they come in stock.
I preordered a pair. I think the times where the sole won't work, I'll be wanting my spikes on anyway.

czgunner

FNG
I'm using Northsoles in my BFAR's and AR8's. They are designed for wide toes box shoes and zero drop.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

dtrkyman

WKR
I have been eyeing the african trooper barefoot, probably my next boot unless Vivo come out with a waterproof boot.

I put some keen insoles from my nxis boot, fit into the vivo perfect and adds a little cushin.