Jetstream Stratus or something else?

Bazookas

FNG
I’m typically a tree stand whitetail hunter, needing something more suitable for the cold wind in late season. I’ve got the Traverse hoody which I love but it doesn’t block the wind well at all. Great piece that is super quiet for bow hunting so my question is if it’s worth the $ to replace with the Stratus or Jetstream, or even layer over it? Or is there a mid layer that could be layered under the Traverse for wind? I’d prefer Sitka since I’ve got a gift card burning a hole in my pocket 👍

Primal-Understanding

Lil-Rokslider
I used my jetstream for October Antelope through December Muzzleloader in Nebraska. Its a workhorse softshell. Temps from 60 degrees to 0.

Sitka windstop tech works great, good pockets, pit zips, and has a pretty good lining. I love the jacket and would recommend it to anyone. Its kind of a hybrid piece as its not designed for backcountry hunting, nor specifically for static.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both. The stratus is quieter in a treestand but the Jetstream isn’t loud by any means. I’d say Jetstream is waaay more bang for your buck. I wear it almost every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jetstream for sure. It won't soak up water like the face of the stratus, and it's plenty quiet especially the camo versions. I have a prior model in solid dirt color and it's a nylon face and louder than my OC jetstream which has a polyester face.

The jetstream is my one and only if I could have one and only jacket. I'll layer it over my traverse hoody and honestly I use it more than almost any other piece of hunting clothing I have.

Fishing in the wind, working outside, light rain and snow. Bowhunting, turkey hunting, scouting.

It's super durable, incredibly well thought out and works for almost every occasion. If you already have the traverse, the windproof shell of the jetstream will be a huge value add

Buckhead

FNG
I have both. The Jetstream has the pit zips and more durable exterior, however, for stand hunting I prefer the Stratus. Warmer and quieter, has the safety port pass thru, grunt tube holder, etc…. Designed for whitetail hunting.

Watrdawg

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with Buckhead. If your going to be using for Treestand the Stratus is quieter and more functional. I have both and go with the Stratus over my Jetstream in those situations.

Ditt44

Lil-Rokslider
Stratus. I love mine and as much as I want a Jetstream I cannot make an argument for it. I hunt from treestands 80% of the time and it's really versatile. I own too much Sitka gear but I can mix and match to fit any weather or mood. I'm in PA if that helps.

I layer with a Fanatic hoody most of the time or a lightweight. Merino base layers. And in the cold I wear an older Traverse cold weather hoody under it. Just can't beat it. Four years with it and I hunt 400 plus hours a year.

The ultimate jacket would be the discontinued Fanatic light with the windproof of the Stratus.