Jay Scott coues deer hunt

ChasinDoes

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody here ever go on a coues deer hunt in Mexico with Jay Scott outdoors. A buddy and I were thinking about booking a hunt with him in 2024.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Jay is a great guy and is super knowledgeable. He takes care of all the Mexico logistics for you and makes it easy. I’ve never hunted with him, but I met him years ago and he was very down to earth. I also know a few guys that have used his services and they had good things to say.

He has a podcast called Jay Scott Outdoors. Several Coues deer podcasts worth listening to.

Do it - you will NOT regret going!

Others have said it before, but it feels like going back in time. It is my favorite hunting trip to date, and ranks up there among all of the trips I've ever taken (non-hunting trips included). The language barrier is real, brush up on your espanol or bring someone who can carry a conversation (I actually enjoyed this part of the trip). We got really close to our rancher and talk to him every other month.

Jay knows what he is doing and will set you up right. Depending on ranch assignment/hunt timing, it may not be a walk in the park like a lot of people make it out to be. Obviously you're hunting deer that have significantly less pressure than an AZ or NM hunt, but its still hunting! Avatar pic is from my DIY trip in January 2021 - killed the 5 biggest deer we saw in 10 days. Nothing giant, but damn fun.

Reach out to Jay and talk with him about it. He's a very friendly guy and would be happy to walk you through all of the options.

OP
C

ChasinDoes

Lil-Rokslider
Do it - you will NOT regret going!

Others have said it before, but it feels like going back in time. It is my favorite hunting trip to date, and ranks up there among all of the trips I've ever taken (non-hunting trips included). The language barrier is real, brush up on your espanol or bring someone who can carry a conversation (I actually enjoyed this part of the trip). We got really close to our rancher and talk to him every other month.

Jay knows what he is doing and will set you up right. Depending on ranch assignment/hunt timing, it may not be a walk in the park like a lot of people make it out to be. Obviously you're hunting deer that have significantly less pressure than an AZ or NM hunt, but its still hunting! Avatar pic is from my DIY trip in January 2021 - killed the 5 biggest deer we saw in 10 days. Nothing giant, but damn fun.

Reach out to Jay and talk with him about it. He's a very friendly guy and would be happy to walk you through all of the options.
thats good to hear! we just officially signed up for the hunt this week for January 2024. might have to hit you up for some tips and tricks later

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Tullis94

WKR
I went with a friend group of 4 last year. It was the best/most fun I have ever had in my life. The rut was kinda slow for us. We killed 4 bucks with mine being the smallest at 99". We are going back in a few weeks DIY. Once you have been it is tough not to go back!
Jay is a pretty busy guy and can be a little difficult to get a hold of. He does run a very, very smooth operation though. I highly recomend the trip.