is it possible to convert a pack belt to inward pull?

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
After owning several inward pull backpacks, I have hard time with the old outward pull belts—is it possible (easily- no sewing) to convert a outward pull to inward pull?

Guessing I'm not the only one that has a pack they'd like to convert.

Thanks in advance

Mike

WoodBow

WKR
You just need to find some way to attach a 2" slider further back on the belt. If there is molle there, you could possibly cut a slot in one side of a slider to allow it to be attached to the molle. Then the tag end of belt just needs to be long enough to lace back through the slider and then have enough left to get a hold of to pull forward.

A piece of aluminum rod could also be bent into an appropriate shape to function as a slider, if the belt affords something to attach it to in the necessary area.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

grainhog

FNG
SG used to sell a forward assist conversion kit, which I have on my older (2015) pack. I just looked and it isn't on their website, maybe they all come that way now?

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Guys!

SG used to sell a forward assist conversion kit, which I have on my older (2015) pack. I just looked and it isn't on their website, maybe they all come that way now?

Speaking of which, I happened to have one of those "kits" from an older pack. They have the 2" looploc and then sewn to 2" webbing w/ tails that are velcro.

I was going to cut the looplocs out to use, but after looking at things for awhile I decided to try and fish them through the rear of the waist belt that has velcro to secure the lumbar pad (and belt). It was a bit of pain (Velcros likes to stick :D) but got them through. It doesn't work as slick as some packs (the Kifaru pack I reviewed had the nicest belt tightening setup I've ever used- perfectly smooth and you could tighten it to cray tight if you wanted) that build this in to start, but it does work—much better than trying to pull the belt tails outward.

yd36uSE.jpg

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice addition, but it looks like that pack already pulls inward :)