is it my scope or loads? 98% good, 2% fail @ 100 yards

Gout in the triggered finger? Sounds plausible to me. Case closed. Wrap this thread up.

Jay

Heck no, you don’t get gout in your finger.

Big toe.

But the pain was so bad that, coupled with the tidal stresses on the synovial (had to look up the spelling) fluid, it caused a facial tic (a lá Herbert Lom as Chief Inspector Dreyfus in The Pink Panther movies) that actually switched his dominant eye from right to left AND BACK during the same range session.

Episodic Dominant Eye Dysphasia resulting from Chronic Intermittent Gout, also known medically as EDEDChIG, pronounced ed-ed-chig, alternately eed-eed-cheeg.

Happens all the time. They’re developing a vaccine for it, right after Covid.

P

Rich M

WKR
Shooting a rifle at 50 yards is wasting ammo imo.

After missing 2 at 50, should have checked scope at 100 or 200. It would be better on OPs mind and thoughts.

I'm going with he pulled the 2 shots. Have to be a real serious issue for bullets to just go winging off like that.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
hi western duck - thanks for the tips. I grew up shooting all kinds of things.. i certainly dont flinch - ive shot 150 rounds thru this rifle, and fwiw the loads are alot softer than the box ammo- not sure if thats the powder or neck tension etc but at 100 yards there shouldnt be much difference. anyway its certainly not me flinching at all i can guarantee you that.

Shooting a rifle at 50 yards is wasting ammo imo.

After missing 2 at 50, should have checked scope at 100 or 200. It would be better on OPs mind and thoughts.

I'm going with he pulled the 2 shots. Have to be a real serious issue for bullets to just go winging off like that.

But he said he doesn't flinch he guaranteed that.
I mean you would have to have a seizure at 50 yards to be off a handicap parking sign.

Maybe loaded some up without powder?

I don't know, but I'm thinking a primer wouldn't push 150 grs 24" or whatever.

It would cause a miss on the first shot, but would have been exciting for the second, and left no wonder why it missed.

But don't know, maybe I'm wrong.
Would certainly sound/feel different.

I know of a few stories of people popping a primer off on a muzzleloader, and it really surprised them. Think it had a little extra tho.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I don't know, but I'm thinking a primer wouldn't push 150 grs 24" or whatever.

It would cause a miss on the first shot, but would have been exciting for the second, and left no wonder why it missed.

But don't know, maybe I'm wrong.
Would certainly sound/feel different.

I know of a few stories of people popping a primer off on a muzzleloader, and it really surprised them. Think it had a little extra tho.

Somebody should load up a squib and see if it will make it out of the barrel.

I vote @CamaroMan