Is elk season undue hardship?

OP
Jskaanland

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I guess to follow up on this, I was cut after the morning of jury speed datings. One of the questions asked was what hobbies do you have. I responded with Bow Hunting, Shooting and Hiking. The judge asked, "Isn't this the time of year for bow hunting." My response was, "Yes, I even jokingly bounced off some friends calling elk season undue hardship." To which he laughed and said, "It doesn't count."

I will say the thing that got me bumped was telling the attorneys not to worry, I brought a sheepskin to put on the threshing floor. If there is dew only on the sheepskin, while all the ground is dry, I will know that the person is guilty.

stonewall

WKR
this has been an entertaining thread. around here, they're pretty easy going. and being a small town, there's a lot of familiar faces in the courtroom. i've been called in the past, but plea deals sent me home. showed up an hour late once - they said don't worry about it, we'll get you next round (very casually). this last time they went through the whole process, and i was a little disappointed i didn't get chosen - it was very interesting. i will say, at least for county court, i'll probably never get selected - the county attorney (prosecutor) is my neighbor.

this thread reminded me of something hilarious I saw on youtube some time ago, here's a screenshot from this guy's instagram (he was, as a joke, trying to sell fake games to some game store):

strand

Lil-Rokslider
I got called right during the middle of season last year with 2 out of state trips planned, tags purchased, vacation approved, all that. I sent in a letter pleading my case to the powers that be and was excused during season, but they extended my jury duty time period by an extra month on the back end. I was pretty happy and thankful for that.

bowtech840

Lil-Rokslider
I got picked once. Was definitely a good experience. Might feel different if it lasted more than a day.

I was on jury duty for 18 months (3 days a month) - actually enjoyed most days. Was a nice paid break from work and learned quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk