Is 8208 XBR now a unicorn?

OP
S

sdupontjr

WKR
It did, went quick. And also $110 shipped. If stores are starting to get some in, I'll bet the local shop will be getting some soon. Has all sorts of items. I just can't see paying that much for powder.

It did, went quick. And also $110 shipped. If stores are starting to get some in, I'll bet the local shop will be getting some soon. Has all sorts of items. I just can't see paying that much for powder.
You would be better off buying 5-8 pounds at a time to bring down the cost per pound since you are factoring in the shipping that way. I generally don’t buy powder online in less than 5lb per order or adding primers to the order. Also watch for those free hazmat shipping emails.

ETA - powder valley has free hazmat today only. Just got the email.

OP
S

sdupontjr

WKR
You would be better off buying 5-8 pounds at a time to bring down the cost per pound since you are factoring in the shipping that way. I generally don’t buy powder online in less than 5lb per order or adding primers to the order. Also watch for those free hazmat shipping emails.

ETA - powder valley has free hazmat today only. Just got the email.
Right and may do that. I just received the same email.

OP
S

sdupontjr

WKR
Nice. Now that the hurricane has passed, the local range will open back up Tuesday. I have some loaded to check for pressure. Book max is 45.3, have one loaded just pass max at 45.6. Best of all, no crunch like varget. Well soon see. I have 1lb, but if it shoots well I'll pick up a few lbs because it is tuff to find.

20240911_110741.jpg

OP
S

sdupontjr

WKR
Ok, check me out guys. Finally got to try these out.
44, 44.5, 45, 45.3 (book max) & 45.6, CCI-200, seated to 2.216" CBTO or about 2.835". No heavy bolt lift, all cycled perfectly fine. Rifle is 20" CTR. I have found that this CTR doesn't show pressure like mt T3 lite. My Varget load for this CTR is pass book max but heavily compressed, thus me looking into the 8208xbr. The only thing that I noticed was a very ever so slight ejector mark at the top left corner of 3 on the 45.6 load. Unless my unexperienced eye is missing something. The only problem I had was the Garmin battery went dead while testing the 7 SAUM loads, so i have no velo data on the 308. But charged overnight and will get those.
8208 Pressure.jpg