Iron Will collars

JaegerWI

FNG
I'm looking to install some IW steel collars on my Easton Axis match 300s. IW suggests size B for these shafts. I don't plan on glueing these in, so would B size be the tightest fitting I can go?

Also, these shafts already have brass HITs from Easton installed. This shouldn't caused any issues with the collars and QAD exodus 100gr swepts correct?

I'm setting up some arrows for an upcoming elk hunt that is a once in a lifetime trip for me, and I want to make sure I can put the odds in my favor as much as possible. Any input is appreciated.

Zac

WKR
If you stick to the chart they will work just fine. Exodus goes on no problem as well.

IW size B collars are .001" oversized for your shaft (.276" collar ID & .275" shaft OD), which is as close as you can get to a perfect fit. If you go to the next smaller collar (size C with .269" ID), you'll have to do a significant amount of sanding on the shaft to get them to fit.

Reactions: Zac

TX_Diver

WKR
I use size B on Axis 300 match and they fit great. I had size C for another arrow and they wouldn't fit so I wouldn't go smaller than C!

Good luck on your hunt. I added iron will collars to my arrows this year after busting nearly every arrow I have shot at an animal in the past few years. I didn’t do as much archery hunting this year as normal but I managed to make it through the season without busting an arrow. Their maybe cheaper options, but they work for me.

OutdoorAg

WKR
They come in a 6-pack
Thanks for that!

So you guys using these and 100g broad heads…

125g field tip without collar, then a 25g collar and 100g broad head to match practice and hunting weights

Or

10g Ti on all the time with a 100g field tip then a 100g broad head and don’t worry bout the 10g

Thanks for that!

So you guys using these and 100g broad heads…

125g field tip without collar, then a 25g collar and 100g broad head to match practice and hunting weights

Or

10g Ti on all the time with a 100g field tip then a 100g broad head and don’t worry bout the 10g
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question, but why not just practice like you hunt? Leave the collar on all the time and shoot broadheads and field points that weigh the same.

OutdoorAg

WKR
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question, but why not just practice like you hunt? Leave the collar on all the time and shoot broadheads and field points that weigh the same.
I suppose I should think before I type. That of course makes all the sense.

I appreciate it!

I used to practice with the collars on all the time. One thing I noticed was that when shooting into carpet bales, the carpet glue would find its way in between the collar and arrow shaft. Another thing I've noticed is when shooting into a bag target, I would get threads in the same spot.
Both of those issues can make it difficult to remove the collar at times.

But even still, I use the collars for practice and hunting. Figure I should practice like I hunt, and also figure I'm more likely to damage an arrow when practicing, so I like the extra protection

Shadowcaster

Lil-Rokslider
Right now I'm using iron will hits and collars, but I think I'm going to order some ethics for my next arrow build. A lot heavier, but at less than half the cost that's okay.