Iron Will Broadheads

Scottyboy

WKR
I’ve shot them all, and generally like them. I have noticed (on whitetails anyways) the noise the vented ones make be an issue. If you want to try before you buy, I’m happy to send you one. It’s a head only used for shooting into foam, so not “huntable” but again if you want it, I am happy to send it your way.

lintond

WKR
I shoot the S100 and have shot three animals with them. An antelope that cut his leg in half before going thru his heart. He didn’t get very far. 2nd one was a cow elk that I didn’t get a good shot on and blood ran out after a few hundred yards and never found her. The last one was a bull at 70 that I got a pass thru on and he went about 40 yds and tipped over as I watched.

Originally had the vented and prefer the solids. They are expensive but I feel they are worth it. Will be in my quiver this year again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

700MtnMan

FNG
I shoot the S100 single bevel. They have flown well for me and are a very tough head. I would probably also look at the Evolution fixed blade if I were buying new as I have heard they fly really good and are quite a bit less expensive. Overall the Iron Will has been a great head for me just costly.

I have shot them both out of a compound and out of my recurve for a few years and they flew and performed great on animals out of each. Pretty sure they saved me on a mule deer a few years ago in South Dakota. The buck was quartering away slightly but alert when I shot and he ducked and turned to Run as the arrow was on its way. It ended up being a very steep quartering away shot by the time it got there but luckily due to the cut on contact head and build quality it buried right in even on the steep angle, went through some bone and ended up killing the buck very quickly.

Zac

WKR
Really doesn't matter which model you choose. If you are unsure of which way your fletching goes than just use the double bevel. If you aren't great at tuning just stick to the standard size. If you hunt in wet climates and do not like to do broadhead maintenance then I would look at the Day6. It's Stainless and really very similar if this is the type of head you want.

D S 319

WKR
they rust and chip pretty easily, but they fly well enough. The warranty process is more complicated than needs to be..

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
I have had no issues with mine chipping or rusting but I keep em oiled. I will never use a different broadhead the SB100 left bevels have done me well even the S100 double bevels. Been using them for 4 years now and have not lost an animal yet..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hunterjrg

FNG
IMG_0131.jpegI shot three Whitetails with Ironwill heads. Side note that I am colorblind. Shot a doe with a 100 gr single bevel. Nonexistent blood trail and finished her with my recurve. Lost a 180 class buck with a wide. Shot him low. Good amount of blood. Killed another whitetail with a wide 100. Didn’t go far. Dulled a head really bad and they wouldn’t exchange it. I don’t want to resharpen these heads so I moved on to Evolution heads.IMG_4490.jpegIMG_0131.jpegIMG_4490.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Zac

Long Cut

WKR
I’ve owned and used Iron Will S100’s and the 100 Wides. Great heads, well built, packaged etc..

Compared to QAD Exodus, Sevr, Slick Trick etc and they truly 2-3x “better”? In my opinion, no. The only thing 2-3x more is the cost of the Iron Will.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will be testing and reviewing the wides this fall. 125 gr with 10 gr collar and 15 gr hit insert in Easton Axis 4mm. Looking forward to see how they do!