Iron Will 2.5 Vane

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
This vane is the culmination of a two year University of Colorado study to optimize stability and accuracy with broadheads while minimizing drag, wind drift, and sound. The study included 2,000 hours of fluid dynamic modeling and over 2,500 arrows shot.
Year one of the study found that the Hybrid Hunter vane had the best accuracy and stability of the industry vane profiles tested. Year two of the study focused on changing the geometry on the front and back of the vane to reduce noise, drag, and wind drift while maintaining or improving stability and accuracy. This vane design is the result.
Similar to the Hunter profile, these vanes are engineered with added surface area high and back on the vane to move the center of pressure back. The study proved this key for improved broadhead stability and accuracy.
These vanes are 2.5 inches long with a more gradual front incline which is shown to reduce drag, wind drift, and sound compared to short, high-profile vanes. The angled back end of this vane also reduces sound and drag when compared to shield-cut designs.
In 20 rounds of sound testing, this vane was equal to or quieter than the Max Stealth which was the quietest industry vane in our testing. From all of my testing this summer, I truly think these vanes will make most people shoot broadheads more accurately.
Length: 2.5 in. Height: 0.570 in. Weight: 9.0 grains Patents Pending.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Fletched_arrow_with_vanes.jpg

https://ironwilloutfitters.com/products/iron-will-2-5-vane/

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Are they simple to glue on........like just put cryo glue on the base and press and hold for 10-15 seconds? It's always a deal breaker for me when I have to go through extra steps (like primer pens or cleaning the shafts with acetone, etc) to put vanes on.

OP
Bill V

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Are they simple to glue on........like just put cryo glue on the base and press and hold for 10-15 seconds? It's always a deal breaker for me when I have to go through extra steps (like primer pens or cleaning the shafts with acetone, etc) to put vanes on.
They bond really well just using a cyanoacrylate type vane adhesive with no primer required. The foot is relatively wide so has a very strong bond.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
18 hours after I ordered my hunting vanes this year....
My hunting vanes have been on my arrows for four years now. They're the same vanes and arrows I use for everything these days. I've been using 2" Quickspin Speed Hunters for 18 years because I still haven't found a vane that works better, especially with my BH's. But I do love trying new stuff.

Ho5tile1

WKR
Do they work in a 3 fletch like a blazer vane? was about to fletch my new Gemini arrows but I’d like to try these I just don’t like 4 fletch. The blazers have done super well with my iron Will single bevels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My hunting vanes have been on my arrows for four years now. They're the same vanes and arrows I use for everything these days. I've been using 2" Quickspin Speed Hunters for 18 years because I still haven't found a vane that works better, especially with my BH's. But I do love trying new stuff.

My main hunting setup hasn't changed for a while, but I have another one I'm tinkering with.

OP
Bill V

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Do they work in a 3 fletch like a blazer vane? was about to fletch my new Gemini arrows but I’d like to try these I just don’t like 4 fletch. The blazers have done super well with my iron Will single bevels.

Yes, 3-fletch is my preference with these vanes. Blazers do work well, but these will give even better accuracy/stability and are much quieter if that is a concern.

Zac

WKR
Does Q2i produce these? I certainly hope so because I absolutely despise that Hybrid material.

Zac

WKR
Yes, we tested materials from the top vane manufacturers and found the Q2i material performed the best in this profile. It was the quietest and most durable. They are made in Oregon.
Oh fantastic!

How do these compare to Blazers or Super Sabres in terms of drag and noise?

If I don't plan on shooting massive fixed blades will I still see benefits from these, or could I potentially be over-vaned (if that's even a thing)?

Zac

WKR
How do these compare to Blazers or Super Sabres in terms of drag and noise?

If I don't plan on shooting massive fixed blades will I still see benefits from these, or could I potentially be over-vaned (if that's even a thing)?
I suppose that depends if you poop your pants when your drawing back on a critter🤷‍♂️.

fatlander

WKR
These look pretty awesome. Q2i has definitely become my favorite vane over time. They stick like nothing else, stiffer than most, and their colors really pop.

As quiet as max stealth but as stable as a blazer profile sounds like an absolute winner. Are you all going to offer it in any other colors beyond white?

Reactions: Zac
Bill I got some ordered the day I saw the email. Can you speak to the reason for the vane after all the hype of the Hybrid Hunter backed by a bunch of testing?

Personally I didn’t like the hybrid Hunter or feel like it worked that well compared to Max Stealth that has become my standard that all others are compared against.
I do like the design of these new vanes. If they control at least as well as blazers and decrease the sound compared to blazers they will be highly successful

Zac

WKR
Bill I got some ordered the day I saw the email. Can you speak to the reason for the vane after all the hype of the Hybrid Hunter backed by a bunch of testing?

Personally I didn’t like the hybrid Hunter or feel like it worked that well compared to Max Stealth that has become my standard that all others are compared against.
I do like the design of these new vanes. If they control at least as well as blazers and decrease the sound compared to blazers they will be highly successful
If you listen to the podcast with him and Aron it sounds like it was mostly to get the noise down.

mtholton

FNG
Setup a few arrows this week with the new vanes. So far impressed. Great material, right amount of stiffness. Stick great to shaft. Planning on moving all my arrows to this vane (had AAE Hybrids - tore too easily and TAC Vanes (had trouble with their wraps coming off and thus adhesion, otherwise like the vane, just like avoiding the primer pen). Using a Arizona EZ fletch fwiw.