Iron Will 100 Grain Single Bevel Field Test Results

msmith@ironwilloutfitters

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
We recently completed some more field testing of our new 100 grain single bevel broadheads and wanted to pass along the results. For this test we went to a hog-inundated ranch in Texas for as many shot opportunities as possible in just three days. Our goal was to get the new 100 grain right and left bevel broadheads into various shot angles on hogs with heavy bones and thick hide.

These 100 grain heads have slightly shorter main blades than our 125 grain and higher single bevels, so verifying maximum penetration, reusability, and blood trail was our priority. We also found the shorter blades to have minimal wind drift to improve long-range accuracy.

We also shot them into ballistic gel to verify their rotation through the animal.

View the full test results, including the ballistic gel video and test recap video on our website here: 100 Grain Single Bevel Broadhead Test Results

Please let us know in the comments if you have any questions about the test, bow/arrow setup, or broadheads.

We love field testing broadheads, but we take the results seriously so we can stand behind the performance of each broadhead when it comes to your once-in-a-lifetime hunts. So when you're at the moment of truth, you have full confidence that your broadhead is as reliable as science allows to finish the job.

Troply pig side pic no arrow low.jpgScreen Shot 2022-05-02 at 10.44.03 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-02 at 10.42.47 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-02 at 10.40.44 AM.png
IMG_3443.JPGSB100 over water 1x1.png

freedomhunter25

Lil-Rokslider
another shout out for Iron Will. Not only are the broadheads amazing . But field points are great . I shot a tournament this weekend with 4 other archers . We all shoot 4mm arrows . But all of theirs were a pain in the ass to pull out of every single target all day . Which can do more potential damage, such as bending or even breaking when it takes 2 guys wrenching on a arrow to pull it . My field points slip out like butter every single time . no bends , no breaks , no putting a foot on the target . Just simple pull thru .

bsills

FNG
Great write up, y’all going to throw out a rokslide discount code for orders this week? Would love to pick some up for my new heads. Thanks again

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks for the feedback freedomehunter25! I get a lot of great feedback and suggestions from Roksliders.

bsills, we don't ever discount our broadheads actually. I know they are relatively expensive, but we have them priced as low as we can, especially with the latest material prices.

bsills

FNG
Thanks for the feedback freedomehunter25! I get a lot of great feedback and suggestions from Roksliders.

bsills, we don't ever discount our broadheads actually. I know they are relatively expensive, but we have them priced as low as we can, especially with the latest material prices.
Thanks Bill I appreciate the response.

Just heard these being discussed on the ElkShape pod - appreciate the field test information! Definitely thinking about trying them out, as long as my FOC is in check.

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Our Single Bevel is ground at 32 degrees. You can touch it up by hand on a fine or extra-fine stone (the white side of the double stone we sell). For a more thorough sharpening, you can use a knife sharpening kit where you can set the angle. You are essentially just re-grinding the bevel and then removing the burr on the back side before stepping to finer and finer stones. I hope to post a video in the near future.

Donjuan

WKR
Ok, thanks!

I was going to get the KME with the high angle block. Any recommendations on other kits for getting to 32 degrees?

OP

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Ok, thanks!

I was going to get the KME with the high angle block. Any recommendations on other kits for getting to 32 degrees?
Lansky makes a good sharpener that has multiple stones to choose from. Bear and Son Cutlery also makes one very similar to the Lanky. Only issue is they all only have a 30 degree angle including the KME.

Dredging up a year old thread, but I bought right helical single bevel S125 heads 2 years ago. I never used them in the field.

This year, after building new arrows and discovering that they spun left out of my bow, I fletched them with a 2 degree left helical fletching.

Can you confirm that I need to get left helical single bevel broadheads if I am going to use them with these arrows?

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Dredging up a year old thread, but I bought right helical single bevel S125 heads 2 years ago. I never used them in the field.

This year, after building new arrows and discovering that they spun left out of my bow, I fletched them with a 2 degree left helical fletching.

Can you confirm that I need to get left helical single bevel broadheads if I am going to use them with these arrows?
@Bill V
@msmith@ironwilloutfitters