Irish setters

Crunk

FNG
For those who are new to the western hunting game boots are a vital part of it. I know a ton of people who swear by schnees or crispi boots but I love my Irish setters they are lighter than both mentioned above and I have put over 100 miles on mine and they just now need replacing. For the cost I will go back to them.

Glad to hear it! Not gonna lie I thought this was a post about the dog. But good on you for finding a pair of boots that works for you.

Which one are you using? I bought a pair of Irish Setters about 20 years ago and loved them and finally have to replace them this year. They were insulated and I actually used them more for ice fishing than for hunting. They don’t make that particular boot anymore and I have been skeptical of their current offerings. I got drawn for Wyoming muley and will be archery hunting the first week in September, so I am looking for something lightweight and not too hot.

Mike J

I've had multiple pairs of Soft Paws #3874/3875 over the years. Pretty good casual shoes/boots. Very comfortable. Not the most durable. They last about two years max. doing office and yard work, construction inspections, work in the woodshop, etc.

A couple years ago I had one pair that I bought off of Amazon that looked like plasti-leather cheap knock-off things. Weird. They got returned and replaced with a pair that looked and lasted like all my others - so buyer beware.

Irish Setters are sneaker type comfort to me. I am on a second pair of zip snake boots and am expecting a pair of Vapor Treks to arrive any minute that I picked up on sale at Midway. They usually last me 2 or 3 seasons before they fall apart. I have Schnees and Scarpas for serious hunts and hikes but really enjoy Irish Setters for their comfort at roughly half the cost or more.

I have 2 pairs of the IS Elk Trackers. For those with a wide foot. these things are very nice. Almost no break in and they feel fantastic on my feet. Only drawback is they are a little on the heavy side. But I found the comfort to be a good trade off.

I have 2 pairs of the IS Elk Trackers. For those with a wide foot. these things are very nice .......

I have unusually narrow feet, but the Elk Trackers have been my go-to boot for Lower-48 big game hunting the past decade or so. Hard to beat it, actually.

Back