What to do

codym

WKR
I’ve always had issues with heal blisters with most boots. I cover a ton of country hunting and these can be very annoying. I found some Irish setters years back that worked well for upland hunting and didn’t give me blisters problem is the boots are shit. Waterproofing is iffy and fall apart half way through the season. Best boots I ever owned were crispi guide gtx’s insulated. A bit stiff but no blisters, literally wore the tread smooth on those boots. Bought the same exact boots but un insulated and boom blisters again. Problem is I don’t have a bunch of boots to try in my area it’s also a catch 22 to order a set try them out and after 10-20 miles find out they won’t work but can’t be sent back at 500 at pop. I’m looking for a waterproof boot with some flex, I’m in the southwest so it’s never really cold but the terrain is rocky everywhere, I backpack and follow bird dogs all over the desert. I’m a size 10 reg if that helps. Any tips or suggestions

10ringer

WKR
I love crispi summits for longer hikes in rolling terrain. I find they are more comfortable when you replace the stock insoles with oboz insoles (much more comfortable then superfeet). They are the closest waterproof boot to a pair of Salomon’s. Other good option is zamberlan Salathe for what you’re looking to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m in the southwest as well. I wear Meindl’s. A solid leather boot is great for all the cactus and stickers. Just bought a pair of their Vakuum hikers. The Vakuum hunters would be a good choice as well and so would the Bergall hikers I think it’s called. The Bergall I think is 7”, vakuum hikers are 7.75”, the Vakuum hunters I think are 8.5”-9”. They also list their flex rating for every boot or hiker.