Introduction

Hello everyone,
I hope all are having a great day. I wanted to take a bit of memory to introduce myself. I am a "senior citizen" who has been around firearms and interested in them since I was 10-11 years old. While others were following football and baseball, I read about guns, hunting, and shooting. Nothing wrong with other interests but mine has always been around shooting. I started to shoot competitively at 13 and still shoot rimfire and some long-distance centerfire matches. I graduated from a high school that had a trades program where I started on my toolmaker's apprenticeship. It was then I began to work on old non-functioning stuff. I met and began working with a gunsmith willing to teach me things I had only read about and to use his tools to do barrel work, work on actions, and fit stocks.

I continue to hold an FFL and mostly work on target and tactical-type rifles with general repairs always coming in from neighbors, friends, and people I meet. Well no need for a life story, I have always been interested in western hunts and thought I might learn a few things here.