Interesting development for the sig cross. 300 Win Mag

Are you part of the advertising team? You’ve posted the same video twice this morning. What gives?
I'll delete the other as to not offend your sensibilities, and no. Only sig product I own is a rangefinder. I'm just very interested in the cross if they make it in more powerful options.

Last edited:
Only time I'll bump, with the amount of content that sig is sponsoring in the western hunting space, someone has got to know more about this.

I'm still waiting for a 6CM Cross but the new 300 WM is interesting only for the fact that other cartridges may follow.

Gotta agree with chutinlead, the PRCs are grabbing a lot of attention.

I'm still waiting for a 6CM Cross but the new 300 WM is interesting only for the fact that other cartridges may follow.

I considered rebarreling mine to a 6CM, but sold the rifle and went full custom. I wouldn't hesitate to get one in 6CM though if they ever did it for the kids

I feel the same way. I don't really care what they chamber it in if Im being honest. I just want magnum bolt heads and a LA magazine box.

Straight Jacket Armory has a ton of options for different chambered barrels for the SA Cross. You could convert one to 6CM pretty easily. The 277 Fury was marketed more towards the military than the civilian side. The long action version of the Cross is way overdue. Hopefully they don't screw up the available caliber offerings like they did with the original.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Straight Jacket Armory has a ton of options for different chambered barrels for the SA Cross. You could convert one to 6CM pretty easily. The 277 Fury was marketed more towards the military than the civilian side. The long action version of the Cross is way overdue. Hopefully they don't screw up the available caliber offerings like they did with the original.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The issue with the cross other than the fact its a POS is that nobody can get barrel extensions from Sig and the one company that tried apparently got a cease and desist. So this switch barrel crossover rifle requires you to remove your barrel extension and headspace it every time too.

If this is the type of rifle someone wants then my a Q Fix, it's a better rifle and there's great prefits with extensions.

Or buy two Tikkas for the same price as a Cross, have two better rifles, and don't worry about barrel swaps at all.

It lives:

Receiver length to accommodate a future 300PRC, full-length arca, redesigned hinge... Sig did pretty good. Now I just wish they'd offer it in shorter barrels.

I'm hoping that Sig releases different barrels or at least some different configurations. Being that they advertise a 300PRC length and user-interchangeable barrels, my hunch is that some different parts are on the way.

Back