Interesting 4/20 marketing by Simms

My favorite things about prohibition is that it can all but be attributed to the invention of NASCAR and NASCAR is about the only sport that one can watch and fully understand while completely hammered.

I believe we call that irony. Beautiful irony.

Everyone get a load of this guy! He thinks car racing is a sport! LOL!

IdahoBeav

WKR
Keep in mind that Simms's #1 competitor, Patagonia, is loudly supportive of chromosome denial and other far left politics.

I don't have much use for it, but pot and all other drugs should be decriminalized at the federal level. It's not the government's job to keep me safe from myself.

As for the gear, Simms makes top quality waders and manufactures them here in the US, and the Patagonia-Danner boots (also US-made) are the best wading boots on the market. I will continue to use both products.

On 4/20 Simms came out with an Instagram ad featuring a person smoking marijuana out of a banana. It was certainly a clear statement of alignment of Simms with marijuana culture.

Lots of comments and interraction with the post. Some were disappointed that Simms would align themselves with pot, while others made all sorts of claims about "better than alcohol" or "get with the times".

There's no doubt it stimulated lots of buzz, pardon the pun. Wondering if there will be any effects long term for the popular fishing/flyfishing brand out of Bozeman.

Thoughts?
The fact they sell bongs is probably even more clear lol

Grumman

WKR
I think it is just amazing how far apart the states are on this. I live in KY and the large employer I work for has random drug testing. In KY sites testing positive for THC will cause mandatory rehab at best, termination at worst. People I know in the same roles for the same company in California smoke weed without consequence or fear of drug testing.

The Simms ad likely garnered different reactions depending upon the residence of the audience. This thread has been educational for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk