Interesting 4/20 marketing by Simms

Love your pun, but I don't think they're wading into anything. This isn't some hot button social issue. People have been smoking on Montana rivers since monofilament came into use. Pre-legalization, I watched a game warden step over my fishing partner's bong to come check our licenses. For a lot of people in Montana, marijuana is as integral to a day on the river as cold beer. Given that it's legal in Montana, what's the actual issue with a Montana brand noting that cultural reality on 4/20, aside from the fact that some people might take issue with the iconography?

"The iconography," as you put it, is less than ideal.

I wonder if the advertisement would be as supported if the fisherman also had a stringer of gutted cutthroats?

"The iconography," as you put it, is less than ideal.

I wonder if the advertisement would be as supported if the fisherman also had a stringer of gutted cutthroats?

Better yet, what if the advertisement had a female angler climbing into a truck after walking out of a Planned Parenthood?

I'm more concerned about your inability to understand the point of the discussion than I am about any marijuana focused advertisement.

I realize you're desperately trying to throw shade but you're creating a strawman to do so.

It's a discussion forum and we discuss things... Raising a discussion does NOT indicate any amount of "upset".

At least it gives us a little variety before we inevitably return to arguing about caliber selection.
Why are you assuming this ad will have any noticeable effect on revenue? I would bet there is a net zero change.

If advertising doesn't do anything, then why do it at all? We know it costs something.
For context I have not seen the actual post since personally I am not on social media, just an anonymous hunting forum.

As an advertising guy myself the reason I say this will have no effect on revenue is because A. you physically cannot track this posts effect on any earned revenue if there is not direct conversion link, and B. anyone who was offended by a pot banana will forget about it by the end of this week.

IMO this was a throw away post that Simms marketing whipped up to respond to a popular holiday - was soley meant to grab eyes and it did.

My assertion is more that this post will not cost Simms a cent in lost revenue due to backlash + posting on instagram costs nothing more than an hour of someones salary.

Wait wait, we can dismiss any potential of impact because it can't be specifically tracked?

I don't know which of my kids smashed cherry flavored lip balm into the carpet, but I still have a red stain.

Yoder

WKR
There is no question that alcohol has destroyed more lives than all other drugs combined. How many murders, assaults, domestic violence calls and rapes happen because of lowered inhibitions and increased aggression from alcohol? 80% of people in jail for violent crime were under the influence of alcohol. If Simms had an ad with a guy drinking a beer, nobody would care, but weed is the devil? Too many people buy into the old refer madness nonsense from the late 60's early 70's. I think if you're upset about weed but think alcohol is fine you might be a hypocrite.

Wait wait, we can dismiss any potential of impact because it can't be specifically tracked?

I don't know which of my kids smashed cherry flavored lip balm into the carpet, but I still have a red stain.
Curious, are you assuming the pot banana is gonna hand Simms a bad quarter? It's my opinion that it's insane this is even a discussion, and those of you who are horny for another Bud Light party are gonna have to look elsewhere lol.

KenLee

WKR
There is no question that alcohol has destroyed more lives than all other drugs combined. How many murders, assaults, domestic violence calls and rapes happen because of lowered inhibitions and increased aggression from alcohol? 80% of people in jail for violent crime were under the influence of alcohol. If Simms had an ad with a guy drinking a beer, nobody would care, but weed is the devil? Too many people buy into the old refer madness nonsense from the late 60's early 70's. I think if you're upset about weed but think alcohol is fine you might be a hypocrite.
I'm upset that weed, gummies and knock off gummies all make me paranoid as hell and feel like I'm having a heart attack. I'm left with the booze 😞