Insulated mid layer, my dog ate my cirrus

Craven

FNG
Hey all,

I loved my cirrus jacket by FL. I have to replace it as I got deer blood on it and before I got it washed off my dog had a good time with it, (life with a houla).

What are y’all running as a insulated non hooded mid layer?

Thanks for the reccs!

OP
C

Craven

FNG
Primarily wear it for Minnesota gun opener but I live in Texas so will be wearing it for later season Rifle/Archery when it cools off

I already have an Unc but like a lighter midlayer without a hood

My background is in backpacking and mountaineering, so a lot of my hunting layers are neutral color/earth tone layers from those days. I have an Arcteryx Atom that has been through a ton of abuse and still looks as good as new except for a few stains.

Hey all,

I loved my cirrus jacket by FL. I have to replace it as I got deer blood on it and before I got it washed off my dog had a good time with it, (life with a houla).

Thanks for the reccs!
I love woolpower. Good thing my dog just eats my socks.

I grabbed one of those Sitka active insulation pieces from the arrowhead line. Similar to the ambient. Really liking this thing enough that I bought another. Haven’t used any of my thin puffins since this showed up.

I would highly recommend the Sitka Ambient. It is by far the best piece of hunting clothing I own. Feels light as a feather but is warm as anything twice the weight. Breathes well, but warm.

Hey all,

Thanks for the reccs!
I lost a cirrus to one of my dogs too, haha… one of my schipperkes will chew a zipper off if it’s left in reach

I like the kuiu kenai better, it’s a better mid layer in general, the Sitka ambient is another good option depending on use, but neither block wind, the cirrus does a little

Are you wanting it for an actual mid layer or are you looking for a lighter outer layer?