Insoles in crispi boots?

Just got my new Crispi valdres boots. Wow most comfortable boot out of the box I've ever owned. The boots are so comfortable I am wondering if I need to replace the insoles or just run with them. I bought a new pair of superfeet green, but now wonder do I even need them in the crispi. Are you guys running aftermarket insoles in your crispi boots or staying with the stock?

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I am giving the factory insole a shot, but I usually do with all boots and usually end up putting aftermarket insole in.

I run the super feet blue in my summits
The boot was just a hair big, so these filed up the area and lifted my heel as needed for my arch

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

lucascole76

Lil-Rokslider
I tried a few pair in mine and ended up using spenco. They seem to fit perfect in mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaguigui

FNG
I just took my Crispi Dakotas out yesterday for a pretty hard hike to go hang trail cams at our spot. I'll be replacing the factory insoles, just too thin for my liking. I ended up getting pretty bad pain on the balls of my feet and blisters on my pinky toes from my feet and socks slipping on the insoles. Any suggestions for thicker insoles with padding on the balls of the feet? not a big fan of super feet and haven't tried the spencos yet.

sveltri

WKR
I have super feet greens in my Wyomings, but the arch on the insole feels funny like it's too far back towards my heel. I intentionally bought them a little big to save my goes when going steep downhill so I need something.

twall13

WKR
I have super feet greens in my Wyomings, but the arch on the insole feels funny like it's too far back towards my heel. I intentionally bought them a little big to save my goes when going steep downhill so I need something.
I had the same issue with superfeet. I went with the Cabela's cork Perfekt insoles and have been pretty happy with them in my Crispis. Everyone's feet are different so I always say take your boots somewhere and try on insoles until you find something you think will work. The Cabela's insoles take up alot more volume in the boots but that worked for me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ebby

WKR
I like the heat moldable Sole insoles. They have varying thicknesses available and now also have an option with cork. I've also used the Lathrop and sons and been pleased with those too.

Lee

I had the same issue with superfeet. I went with the Cabela's cork Perfekt insoles and have been pretty happy with them in my Crispis. Everyone's feet are different so I always say take your boots somewhere and try on insoles until you find something you think will work. The Cabela's insoles take up alot more volume in the boots but that worked for me.

I use the same insoles in my Idaho's. Also used a set in my meindls last year. The sizing is a little off so do some research before ordering them if you cant go to the store and try them first.

twall13

WKR
I use the same insoles in my Idaho's. Also used a set in my meindls last year. The sizing is a little off so do some research before ordering them if you cant go to the store and try them first.
Good point. The size 12 insoles I bought were a tight fit in my size 13 boots. The cork insoles are not as easy to trim as other types of insoles out there.

fullstrut

FNG
any issues with superfeet insoles filling up the crispi's too much? mine fit perfect and afraid they'll be too small with aftermarket insoles

I put a pair of aftermarket insoles in briksdal pros and they are way more comfortable than the stock insoles and the fit (regarding my foot fitting in the boot) is spot on. I don't see these insoles mentioned anywhere (mostly see Sole or Superfeet) but they are amazing:

They are advertised for construction workers and people on their feet for 8-12 hours a day. Im not a construction worker but Ive been known to spend 10-12 hour days doing construction on my house wearing some heavy work boots and my feet have never been fatigued with these insoles. I like them so much I bought a pair for all of my shoes, hunting boots included.

timberbuck

Lil-Rokslider
Superfeet green are a high arch supporting type insole. Not the answer for someone with normal arches.
If you have high arches they are a decent choice if they dont raise your heel height in the boot so much you get heel slip. The foam used in these is also very firm. Not a very cushioning type insole. They are very durable and long lasting though.

Superfeet hike or hike extra cushion would be a better choice for most as they have medium arch support and offer more cushion.

I also like their general purpose model and the extra cushion flex max general purpose as they have soft cushion and flexible medium arch support for $35 and not too thick in the heel to mess up boot fit.

If you are not in need of any arch support then just go with a decent quality cushion insole like the Zamberlan 3mm memory foam for $15 and change them out a couple times a year. These also won't change the fit of the boot.

The serious mountain boots out there have very hard and stiff midsoles. A mistake I see is that one thinks they just need more cushion to eliminate the pain on the heel and ball of their feet they experience after wearing them for a day. You need to understand your foot type. Understand that if you have high arches and wear this type of footwear that the only part of your foot taking your weight is the heel and ball. This is not generally the case with boots with softer midsoles like a Salomon Quest for example because boots with softer midsoles allow your heel and ball of your foot to compress into the midsole therefore generating some arch support, regardless of insole type. The problem is worse the more you physically weigh with these hard midsole boots. With proper arch support your weight is taken by the whole surface area of your foot. If you have high arches you need arch support AND more cushion. This is where custom orthotics can help. Problem is the cost and durability. High arch guys-if you dont want to spend the cash on custom orthotics then you are going to have to experiment with off the shelf options like the mentioned superfeet models. I have also found it is boot dependent what exact version works better.

Don't have high arches? Congrats. You probably are not having the foot pain mentioned and probably are fine with the factory insoles in most boots at least for a while till they wear out.

Last edited:

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I got around 60 training miles over the course of 2 months and whatever I put on them wearing them during the day out of my factory soles in Thor 2's.

They felt worn out. I started having heel pain.

I went with Super Feet and it was night and day. The new super feet felt better than the new factory insoles.

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I have high arches so I got the support Super Feet not the comfort style.

The factory insoles in the Thor 2 are really thin and light material.