insoles for Hanwags

anybody have recommendations for some new insoles for Hanwag (Llhasa-i think). can't remember model name of boot. i loved these boots when i got them in 2017. last year my feet hurt a bit. sole just feels hard, like i need some cushion. Dr Scholls, or any cheaper brands - anybody use these with sucess/comfort? don't really want to spend a ton, but it's about the only piece of new gear i'll be buying so i can swing it i guess! thanks in advance.

nobody

WKR
Never run Hanwag's, but I've fought factory insoles from every pair of boots I've ever had, from Danner's to Crispi to everything in between. I've got really flat feet and other issues so I've tried lots of insoles.

My favorite, oddly enough, has become this pair from Walmart, of all places:
1660659529286.png

I've tried superfeet, dr. scholls, and a couple other athletic-style insoles, but they all pushed too much on my arches with my flat feet. I've got these in 3 different pairs of boots right now, and couldn't be happier. Plus, they're cheap!

But hey, I'm just some random guy on the internet...

OP
highcountrymuley
just read other insole thread. i think arch is fine in the boot sole construction just need a little cushion. love the idea of spending $9 at walmart to get me through this early season hunt. don't really have the time to get feet all checked out for custom insole... thanks guys

I bought the Ancash last year. If you pull out the factory insoles....that footbed/sole is soooo GD hard. Like concrete. I added some SOL Running insole. But still not enough.

I am thankful someone else discovered and feels the same. My LOWA Camino are the same way. Just so flippin hard. Like standing on a cement shop floor all day. Zero give

Deadfall

WKR
Go to a redwing store. They have some fancy contraptions and gizmos that when done will tell you where the pressure points are. Then will fit you to a pair of insoles specifically for your feet. Insoles run 60 ish bucks. Worth every penny

Roy68

WKR
Lathrop & Sons Synergy are what I’ve used for a number of years now. Not the cheapest. They have worked very well for me. Only issue is my feet sweat and these insoles will keep moisture against your foot. I swap socks a lot to combat the moisture issue when it’s cold.

Wapiti1

WKR
The Spenco's Mighty Mouse suggested. I have them in all of my boots, including a pair of Hanwag Alaskas.

Jeremy

I put a Dr. Scholls arch support set in my Alaskan GTX's, they are the red ones if they are still using the same colour scheme. I like them a lot. I have a custom set of orthotics, but are too thick to fit in them properly.

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
I rotate between super feet flex thins and a set of 6mm ortholites from a pair of topo trail running shoes in my hanwags banks. Super feet offer more support when I'm hunting but I wear my hanwags for outdoor chores around the farm too and the ortholites are way more comfortable, but if I hike all day I miss the arch support as they are just a springy foam.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

OP
highcountrymuley
OMG i used the airfit cheap insoles. they seemed very tall, which changed the fit on my heel. i could tell something was wrong and checked my feet and they were already thrashed/blistered after only one mile! sucks as i had 4 miles to go, uphill , then back down again.

be careful when you change ANYTHING on your feet or other gear. testing is essential!