Insanity

Has anyone on here tried the Insanity program by Beachbody? I am half way done, and the results are great. Doing this to lose the 10 extra pounds I carry before elk season. I have already lost 6 and am now gaining muscle back.

60 days of workouts, average about 45 minutes each workout.

I highly recommend it if you are in decent shape now. If you aren't in decent shape it will hurt you.

I did it a few times with my wife. She finished the whole thing and had fanominal results. I'm actually planning on starting this week to finish off my hunt cond. it's an awesome work out strength and cardio with lots of leg and core workouts perfect for high country back pack hunting.

KMT

WKR
I did the entire program last summer and thought it was great for cardio and endurance. During the Insanity program, I didn't do any "extra" weight training. I think strictly doing Insanity resulted in a loss of muscle mass. I didn't do Insanity to lose weight, but it may be too much cardio if you aren't doing some resistance training as well. I currently mix in three days of weight training with 2 days of Insanity during the week. I also try to ride a mountain bike 1 or 2 days per week.

whitingja

WKR
Did the insanity and insanity asylum. Great cardio, but really hard on joints and you lose alot of muscle mass and strength. My legs were suprisingly weak after asylum. Actually started training for triathalons and feel better cardiovascularly and strength wise. But anything is better than nothing.

OP
J
Did ya'll make sure to eat enough? That's where a lot of people mess up. To keep my weight at 179 pounds, I would need to eat 3200 calories while doing Insanity. I am actually trying to get down to 172, but it's not happening. I have increased muscle mass, but weight the same. My quads, chest, and arms are all bigger but waist and stomach is slimmer.

If I were to really want to gain muscle and weight on this program, I would need to eat at least 3500 calories a day.

Doj4Whlr

Lil-Rokslider
Did Insanity from Jan to April. I think the cardio conditioning, core conditioning, and plyometric workouts were great. The weather improved and it was time to get back outside. I found that my legs were seriously sore for a couple of days after a 5-miler. My theory is that the slow twitch muscle fibers were not properly stimulated during Insanity. I now mix in a couple of days a week with my workout. That is my advice flatlander- mix it up or it may leave you short 3 days in.

OP
J
I'm 3 weeks from being done with the 60 day workouts. After this is completed, I will be incorporating some pack hikes into program for distance. I will then cut insanity from 6 to 4 days a week.

Jdog

WKR
I just finished my first cycle with P90X....a partner to Insanity.

The P90X was great...looking forward to getting another 90 days complete!

Feel great, shaved some body fat off.

I just got the insanity workout and have been looking it over... Doubt that I will start it till after hunting season but it looks like it has potential especially for a guy like me who needs to drop about 85lbs but doesn't have a lot of free time. The ability to do it with nothing but a TV and a sit up mat is key for us. I like the looks of the plyometrics and core workout. For a backpack hunting oriented training program I think Cross Fit is probably a better option but it has more equipment requirements.

I thought it would be neat if there was a rokslide WOD thread.... then again perhaps there is around here somewhere and I just missed it.