Insane Prices

Wvroach

WKR
My LGS has marked up for sure, but not to GB prices. I understand it in someways, I don't see it as gouging but with lots of people buying even with quantity limits they can't keep supply, so 9mm is at 26$ for 50 but it is in stock. Or you can get 5.56 for 18$ a box fmj these prices they still sell quickly but they are able to resupply in time as well to help get these new gun owners or frequent shooters a few boxes and it is high enough the resellers aren't buying it just to relist.

Some of the stores that got on early in my area at $40 a box 9mm will never see another dime of mine, one of which I probably spent the better part of 10k at the last 2 years.

Roksliding

Lil-Rokslider
Honestly, I have never felt this rich in my 40 years of life!! SHELL HOLDERS!? Yeah I got like 3 or 4 different sizes...... in pairs!! cause I don’t like swapping them out all the time.

psh Good luck keeping up with that Jones’s next door!!

but that’d make sense, I wanted to get a extra #1 Redding holder the other day and couldn’t find one anywhere, figured my old RCBS one would be good enough....

I don’t even understand how that particular item is in high demand, consumables I understand, but a shell holder?? Most guys buy that and don’t buy anymore...

Is it due to an influx of reloaders you think??

Rob5589

WKR
Honestly, I have never felt this rich in my 40 years of life!! SHELL HOLDERS!? Yeah I got like 3 or 4 different sizes...... in pairs!! cause I don’t like swapping them out all the time.

psh Good luck keeping up with that Jones’s next door!!

but that’d make sense, I wanted to get a extra #1 Redding holder the other day and couldn’t find one anywhere, figured my old RCBS one would be good enough....

I don’t even understand how that particular item is in high demand, consumables I understand, but a shell holder?? Most guys buy that and don’t buy anymore...

Is it due to an influx of reloaders you think??
No kidding! Time to move the wife's jewelry out of the safe to make room for primers and shell holders :LOL:

As far as the shell holder; try and find a #16 RCBS (9mm) right now. That's the one I saw for 100.00 while looking. They're unobtainium atm.

Fatcamp

WKR
No kidding! Time to move the wife's jewelry out of the safe to make room for primers and shell holders :LOL:

As far as the shell holder; try and find a #16 RCBS (9mm) right now. That's the one I saw for 100.00 while looking. They're unobtainium atm.

So what can I get for the holder and three dies?

Daddy wants a new Colt. 😀

A guy I work with just paid $300.00 for a hundred rounds of green tip .223.
Only thing that changed in my world is I slowed down shooting.

Rob5589

WKR
Only thing that changed in my world is I slowed down shooting.
This is the thing that is baffling. Did he need it to fight off hordes of zombies? Is he hunkering down to fight the man? Does he think this is the end of ???? Or has the whole psychology of the shortages gotten to him?

Ratamahatta

Lil-Rokslider
This is the thing that is baffling. Did he need it to fight off hordes of zombies? Is he hunkering down to fight the man? Does he think this is the end of ???? Or has the whole psychology of the shortages gotten to him?
They will not and I say they will not let you shoot steel plates in a class with green tip, for reason I found out a few months back lol.

Dog will hunt, dog will hunt.

I told him he was stupid and asking him why. He said quote i wanted to shoot my new gun its all they had.
I asked why he bought a AR.
He thinks the government is going to take them away and wants to protect his family.
My thoughts buy a shotgun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
Here's a smoking deal on primers over at Calguns.net :ROFLMAO: Guy claims to have purchased them at .25 a primer. And still has 10000 to sell. I ain't no math whiz but, that's a chunk of dough, if true.

Screenshot_20210203-014120.png

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Ya, it reminds me of house prices in CA. But the difference there is, the house prices remain high for years, whereas ammo and components will come back down eventually. It's all based on what people are willing to pay. I'm no more likely to pay $1 million on a 1100sq ft house than I am to pay $1200 for an 8lb jug of powder. But I would be a seller in both of those cases. Those buyers obviously need/want them more than I do.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Tell him I'll sell him some for the "bargain price" of only $150.......and will ship. This is the perfect example of "it all depends on what folks are willing to pay". I sold all my excess primers for the bargain basement price of $60/1000 just two months ago, and had trouble selling them.

MThuntr

WKR
Saw some powder on Natchezss the other night...they increased a 8lb jug of whatever it was to $295

Tell him I'll sell him some for the "bargain price" of only $150.......and will ship. This is the perfect example of "it all depends on what folks are willing to pay". I sold all my excess primers for the bargain basement price of $60/1000 just two months ago, and had trouble selling them.

Trust me i tried to sell him how ever many rounds he wanted for only $2.00 a rd.
He didnt bite. Probably should have offered this before the names i called him....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rbrok

FNG
Prices are crazy. Currently looking for trades as it seems less like gouging.

Ucsdryder

WKR
The loneliest place in the world is the shooting range. No chance those guys paying 2 dollars for steel core 223 are going out and shooting it!!!

sneaky

"DADDY"
It's only gouging if you pay it. If the market supports those prices, it isn't gouging, it's supply and demand. Primers are going to be increasingly scarce for a while and will only go up. You can keep hitting refresh and try to score powder when it comes available, like earlier today on PV, but that's a crap shoot. Prices from distributors are also going up to dealers, so they aren't going to eat those increases, they have to raise prices a little bit. If you don't like their prices, don't pay it, but someone who wants it or needs it probably will.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk