Input on Sitka jacket/hoody combo

1) Core Lt Wt hoody
2) Core Merino 1/4 zip(if needed)
3) Hvy Wt Hoody
4) Jetstream Vest
5) Kelvin Down WS Hoody
6) Cloudburst Jacket(rain/wind)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You lucky dog having a kelvin down ws. I'd trade my left nard for one!

Unfortunately, it’s for sale, along with the rest. It’s 3xl, and I’ve lost 125#. So retooling my entire system!

#SitkaForSale #BigManSystem

Dang man if it was my size I'd snatch it.
Congrats on that, that's a hell of an achievement!

DB29

Lil-Rokslider
Add a hood to the Mountain jacket and you have winner, winner- chicken dinner :D

I have the discontinued Timberline jacket. I think it is as close to the Mountain Jacket with a hood I have seen, and I love it. That with a LW crew and the HW Hoody are one of my favorite combos.

I have 2 jetstreams. Great jackets but for backpacking they are too heavy. I can do a lot more with less weight with the set up above or mixing in a Dewpoint and/or pufffy.

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
I’m in a similar boat as I already own a Jetstream and a core lightweight hoody, both of which I love. I tried a Down Lite Jacket but it didn’t work well with the Jetstream. I think I’ve settled on the Ambient jacket as a midlayer that could be used with or without the other pieces for a well rounded system. I’d suggest you think about the Ambient/Jetstream combo as well.

Kelvin down (lightest puffy) may be an option, if you can find a used one…

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
1) Core Lt Wt hoody
2) Core Merino 1/4 zip(if needed)
3) Hvy Wt Hoody
4) Jetstream Vest
5) Kelvin Down WS Hoody
6) Cloudburst Jacket(rain/wind)

Correction, New System

1) Core Lt Wt hoody
2) Mtn Evo
3) ambient hoody
4) puffy (kelvin down, lite down or down WS hoody, pending season)
5) Cloudburst jacket (rain/wind)

Correction, New System

1) Core Lt Wt hoody
2) Mtn Evo
3) ambient hoody
4) puffy (kelvin down, lite down or down WS hoody, pending season)
5) Cloudburst jacket (rain/wind)

How are you liking the evo and ambient both of them have my interest thinking the ambient to replace my tried and true heavyweight and I’ve yet to try a wind shirt

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
The Ambient did exactly that… replaced my Heavy wt hoody. Definitely more breathable, better active insulation.

Absolutely love the Evo, my buddies actually bought it after seeing me utilize it. Great piece to wear over base layer on hike in, offers enough wind/rain protection to utilize as lite rain gear

Another vote for jetstream. They make a jetstream vest you can use to add to your layering system as well. I know some people dont waste a layer on a vest but I dont like my arms feeling tight with a bunch of layers on it and I run hot so not having my arms covered in so many layers helps.

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
The Ambient did exactly that… replaced my Heavy wt hoody. Definitely more breathable, better active insulation.

Absolutely love the Evo, my buddies actually bought it after seeing me utilize it. Great piece to wear over base layer on hike in, offers enough wind/rain protection to utilize as lite rain gear

Any Ambient hoody-XL out there for sale?