Inov-8 Roclite G 345 GTX Boot Review

Marmots

Lil-Rokslider
I own the 345s, haven't tried the 400s.

For what it's worth I have really messed up feet and ankles. No arches to speak of, lots of old PTT and Achilles tendon injuries, and missing spring ligament in my left foot. I generally need a more supportive shoe than most because my stuff is so messed up.

I love the 345s and have never thought they were lacking support. I wear them with a custom carbon fiber orthotic inside.

I don't see any need for a heavier boot unless I have more the sixty pounds on my back, or am in some extreme situation like being tired and sloppy in the dark in deadfall.

I hunt in the 345s, but keep a set of really heavy and hardcore Zamberlan boots in my truck in case I'm lucky enough to need to haul out really heavy meat loads when I'm tired and sloppy.

I guess that was a very long-winded way of saying that I've never though the 345s lacked support except in situations that call for a straight-up shin height Italian mountaineering boot.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Current feedback for durability and water resistance?

They are tennis shoes really. You’ll get between 60-120 days of field use out of them. Water resistance- they’re a Goretex boot, I’ve never had goretex actually be water proof for very long. Even if they are, your feet sweat and then the shoes don’t dry. After 6-7 pairs of Goretex Inov-8’s, I accidentally got a non GTX pair and had to get water proof socks. That worked so much better that I stopped using the gtx ones.

sndmn11

WKR
They are tennis shoes really. You’ll get between 60-120 days of field use out of them. Water resistance- they’re a Goretex boot, I’ve never had goretex actually be water proof for very long. Even if they are, your feet sweat and then the shoes don’t dry. After 6-7 pairs of Goretex Inov-8’s, I accidentally got a non GTX pair and had to get water proof socks. That worked so much better that I stopped using the gtx ones.
I sent back the Vivo boots because the ankle lock hook part was on my knobby bone. I really like them otherwise and appreciate their 100 day trial.
Some innov8 zero runners and gym shoes arrived last week and they are great. I would love to have a pair like the Vivos but without the pressure point and have thought about ordering the magma.

I would be happy if I spent $100 and got a year's use out of a pair of Innov8 or Altra.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I sent back the Vivo boots because the ankle lock hook part was on my knobby bone. I really like them otherwise and appreciate their 100 day trial.
Some innov8 zero runners and gym shoes arrived last week and they are great. I would love to have a pair like the Vivos but without the pressure point and have thought about ordering the magma.

I would be happy if I spent $100 and got a year's use out of a pair of Innov8 or Altra.

I think Ryan had the same issue with the Vivo trackers. The only thing I can figure is that it’s from tightening the laces down- everyone I know using them doesn’t use the upper lace hooks, and keeps them pretty loose all the way down.

sndmn11

WKR
I think Ryan had the same issue with the Vivo trackers. The only thing I can figure is that it’s from tightening the laces down- everyone I know using them doesn’t use the upper lace hooks, and keeps them pretty loose all the way down.
I haven't had a cankle contest with anyone lately, but I definitely have very svelte and spindly ankles. My guess is that this means my heel slips without getting my footwear tight around my the ankle transition and that hook was just in the worst spot for me to exacerbate that lacing need. I tried a lot of different lacing methods to block of tension in the hooks above and below the ankle hook, but I could still feel it. I even tried skipping it.

Beyond that, those Vivo boots were rad.

I w thought about WP socks and tennis shoes before, but didn't think it would work out well. I figured they wouldn't dry well and wouldn't be WP very long. What socks would you recommend trying?

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider

I just got a pair of the magna forest escs and love them. If the only issue you had with the trackers was the pressure point then you'd be happy with the magnas.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I've been debating this option heavily. What socks do you recommend?

Man, I’m not sure which ones I like most. Basically what seems to work is to just find a waterproof sock that feels good to you and buy two pairs. When you need WP socks, wear one pair? When you stop, switch them out, and have a dry pair while you dry the ones you walked in on.

sndmn11

WKR
I just got a pair of the magna forest escs and love them. If the only issue you had with the trackers was the pressure point then you'd be happy with the magnas.
Have you had both?

Some days I look at the pictures and think the issue wouldn't exist, and some days it looks like there's a lace hook in the same spot. I do have some running gaiters that would be perfect for a low boot, and I felt like a sneaky jaguar ninja in the forests.

Right now I have some Hanwag Alverstone 2 wides that I wore on a sheep hunt and they did just fine, and some Hoffman 8" explorers that are ok. I tend to shy away from boots, but seem to be determined to find a magical pair.

Last edited:

Rokwiia

WKR
I really like the INOV line of shoes and boots and have had numerous models since they began distribution in the States. I really liked the Roclite 345 but tried the Roclite 400 when it came out as it had the new Graphene bottoms.

Wow, I'm sold on the 400. The only thing I would change is to have a continuous rand on the shoe. The rand dips just below the little toe area. I'd prefer it continue its protection in that area. Other than that small item, I'm sold on INOV-8s in general and the Roclite 400 in particular.

When I want a lower shoe, the Roclite 315 is my favorite. Very grippy. Finally, the X-Talon 260 is my go to shoe in early spring or when the rain has conditions muddy as it has 8mm lugs.

Attachments

• INOV-8s.jpg
    INOV-8s.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 20
  • INOV-8 Ultra 260.jpeg
    INOV-8 Ultra 260.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 20

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider
Have you had both?

Some days I look at the pictures and think the issue wouldn't exist, and some days it looks like there's a lace hook in the same spot. I do have some running gaiters that would be perfect for a low boot, and I felt like a sneaky jaguar ninja in the forests.

Right now I have some Hanwag Alverstone 2 wides that I wore on a sheep hunt and they did just fine, and some Hoffman 8" explorers that are ok. I tend to shy away from boots, but seem to be determined to find a magical pair.
No, I haven't had both, but the magnas just have the sock material around where my large ankle bone is. It's also possible that I haven't cranked down the lacing enough to feel pressure, but I don't think the magnas would be good for that as that would essentially be cranking the laces down directly onto the top of your foot.

sndmn11

WKR
No, I haven't had both, but the magnas just have the sock material around where my large ankle bone is. It's also possible that I haven't cranked down the lacing enough to feel pressure, but I don't think the magnas would be good for that as that would essentially be cranking the laces down directly onto the top of your foot.

Does the magna tongue let moisture in since it's not leather?

So I have the 400s. I bought them sometime in late June/early July off GoHunt. I love the fit, and love the waterproofing.

However, they did not hold up long. I scouted in them once, and wore them on my opening weekend hunt in Colorado. I’m gonna try to work with GoHunt and Innov on warranty but not expecting much. Pictures attached of damage.

Attachments

• ACDFEB13-0158-485B-A158-8E7EA3B4EE9D.jpeg
    ACDFEB13-0158-485B-A158-8E7EA3B4EE9D.jpeg
    244.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 07789117-91A2-4CD9-A228-02F175B4E337.jpeg
    07789117-91A2-4CD9-A228-02F175B4E337.jpeg
    304.1 KB · Views: 26
  • B261929E-39C1-4926-9E44-032F9FDA9B21.jpeg
    B261929E-39C1-4926-9E44-032F9FDA9B21.jpeg
    313.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 70417779-1C2A-4E63-9458-09662A8A300C.jpeg
    70417779-1C2A-4E63-9458-09662A8A300C.jpeg
    250.5 KB · Views: 23
The Roclite G 345 GTX is currently $50 and the Roclite G 400 GTX is $153, plus an additional 20% off. Free shipping over $100 too, $11 shipping under $100.

I was about to pulll the trigger on the Vivo Forest Tracker ESC but it seems worth it to buy the 345 even as a backup for $51 shipped. Does the 345 still hold up? @Ryan Avery

Last edited:

sndmn11

WKR
The Roclite G 345 GTX is currently $50 and the Roclite G 400 GTX is $153, plus an additional 20% off. Free shipping over $100 too, $11 shipping under $100.

I was about to pulll the trigger on the Vivo Forest Tracker ESC but it seems worth it to buy the 345 even as a backup for $51 shipped. Does the 345 still hold up?
I now have two pairs of the 345 for daily wear and they are doing fine. I don't think they would hold up to rough use but should be ok for most mild in the field use.

I am not seeing how to apply the 20% off?

I also have three pair of the trailfly 270, and a pair of the bare 210 for running and the gym. Obviously I am happy with them all. My wife didn't like the 345 I got her for Christmas, and their no cost was return was just that and about two weeks to get taken care of.

I now have two pairs of the 345 for daily wear and they are doing fine. I don't think they would hold up to rough use but should be ok for most mild in the field use.

I am not seeing how to apply the 20% off?

I also have three pair of the trailfly 270, and a pair of the bare 210 for running and the gym. Obviously I am happy with them all. My wife didn't like the 345 I got her for Christmas, and their no cost was return was just that and about two weeks to get taken care of.
The 20% is automatically added when you go to checkout. A line that says “Discount” appears.