Inov-8 Roclite G 345 GTX Boot Review

Haven’t tried them yet but have read good things. I have been using my soloman speed cross GTX for 40 lb weighted hikes and they have worked well. Similar style. They are trying to talk me into using them in September!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered some from camofire about a month ago possibly less. Wore them around the house the day they were delivered then went on a quick hike up a logging road to check a camera. I have to drop off the road a few hundred feet and it’s fairly steep. I really liked them and have worn a few times again since then. I ordered size 15 and I think they fit great. I have 14 salomon 4D, 14w Schnees Beartooth mid and 13 Cabelas Meindl Denali. All my other boots have slowly gotten tighter on length so I knew I needed to bump up to a 15 but they are tough to find. I’ve had the same problem with salomon waterproof or lack of. I have two pairs and actually seam sealed one in an attempt to make them waterproof. Ryan great to hear they hold up to abuse and maintain waterproof. Just gave me more confidence to wear them come September on days with less steep sidehill anticipated.

@Ryan Avery or anyone else - How are they with ankle support?

If you are someone who needs ankle support in a boot or shoe I would probably look at something else, but for someone without ankle problems that just needs a little support when you step wrong or something like that I think they are fine.

Brendan

WKR
If you are someone who needs ankle support in a boot or shoe I would probably look at something else, but for someone without ankle problems that just needs a little support when you step wrong or something like that I think they are fine.

Good point - comparable to other lightweight hikers though? Salomon, Crispi Thor, etc?

I do have one ankle that I wouldn't say is "chronic", but I will turn it / light sprain it infrequently. have a bunch of heavier / burlier boots, but I do like having something lighter as well, but with some amount of lateral ankle support.

Good point - comparable to other lightweight hikers though? Salomon, Crispi Thor, etc?

I do have one ankle that I wouldn't say is "chronic", but I will turn it / light sprain it infrequently. have a bunch of heavier / burlier boots, but I do like having something lighter as well, but with some amount of lateral ankle support.
The top is about at the bottom of the two lace hooks on the 4D and they don’t offer quite as much ankle support. I don’t have ankle problems but have had a couple big injuries to them 10-12 years ago and I’ve never felt like they were going to be an issue with my few hikes on and off trail.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
For some reason the stiffer the ankle support the more I twist my ankle. Since moving to these lightweight hikers I’ve had very few ankle issues.

Brendan

WKR
For some reason the stiffer the ankle support the more I twist my ankle. Since moving to these lightweight hikers I’ve had very few ankle issues.

Good to know. I've switched to using barefoot / zero drop shoes for pretty much everything around the house, walking the dog, general every day use where I'm not hiking / backpacking or running, and I definitely feel like it has strengthened my feet and ankles. Maybe I'll have to give these a try.

Good to know. I've switched to using barefoot / zero drop shoes for pretty much everything around the house, walking the dog, general every day use where I'm not hiking / backpacking or running, and I definitely feel like it has strengthened my feet and ankles. Maybe I'll have to give these a try.
Call up camofire I think I paid $85 for mine

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Side note, I have a pair of women’s size 8 that don’t fit my wife. If anyone has a spouse that will fit into them they can have them.7B5063B2-A234-43CE-888E-8012AC93C46E.jpeg

Lawnboi

WKR
Ryan did you like these more than the altra lone peaks? Iv run lone peaks and roc lite shoes but never the taller hiker. Have plans on giving one or the other a try in their taller form.

PM sent.

Love the review and will likely give these a try myself. Like you, hate stiff boots so run the Irish Setter Vaprtrek (sp?) and resign myself to killing a pair every year or so. These may be another alternative and look forward to trying them.

Problem I have with a lot of boots is where the "ankle hook" sits on so many hikers and boots. always hits right on the ankle bone of my weird feet making things miserable, have worn several brands/pairs in the house and sent them back the same day just for that reason.

How do you think these will handle occasional prickly pear in the plains (knowing they are not leather and bulletproof - just the occasional misstep, not willy-nilly traipsing around).

KHNC

WKR
Side note, I have a pair of women’s size 8 that don’t fit my wife. If anyone has a spouse that will fit into them they can have them.View attachment 209917
Hey Ryan, My wife wears size 8, if no one has replied yet. I just ordered a pair of size 10's from expertvoice.com

Very good deal thru mil discount program team.

Thanks for the review.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Ryan did you like these more than the altra lone peaks? Iv run lone peaks and roc lite shoes but never the taller hiker. Have plans on giving one or the other a try in their taller form.

I haven't worn anything that compares to the comfort of the Altra's. I am wearing them right now. BUT I get about a month of use out of them during the hunting season. They built like shit:)

I have the Tushars too, not a fan.

af449be83acc290d86a21d21e99f0012.jpg

Voyageur

WKR
Appreciate the review, Ryan. For years I've used Altras, and simply put up with the shortcomings you mentioned in your article. Have always been interested in the Inov-8 but never found much info on them. Thanks for sharing your experience with them.