Initial Ascent IA8K - info needed

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I bought an AI as well. They stood out as my favorite at the show packing around weight and great guys to deal with. Plus Ken^^^ said I looked cute in it so that sealed the deal.

Rodger did a phenomenal job of fitting the pack for me when I tried it on. You could try the best pack ever made, It will feel terrible if its adjusted incorrectly!

We can matchy matchy hunting in Southern Idaho now lol

How tall is the initial ascent frame?

I’m thinking about getting a “hauler frame” so I’m not getting my pack bloody every time I help someone pack a critter… the IA daypack would fill the niche well

I’m leaning on just getting a 26” k4 with a load crib and lid, and I know it hauls weight well, but I always like testing new stuff too, and the IA is an interesting option for what I want it for

cumminsbassguy

Lil-Rokslider

I’m thinking about getting a “hauler frame” so I’m not getting my pack bloody every time I help someone pack a critter… the IA daypack would fill the niche well

I’m leaning on just getting a 26” k4 with a load crib and lid, and I know it hauls weight well, but I always like testing new stuff too, and the IA is an interesting option for what I want it for
I'll measure mine when I get home. I like it the few times I've hauled meat with it (moose 1/4s) longest pack out was 2.5 miles with the front 1/4, skull and all my gear, 134# was my pack weight when I got back home. It did an amazing job.

cumminsbassguy

Lil-Rokslider

My frame is 22" from the bottom of the lumbar pad to the top where the handle is. 25" if you count the load adjuster pillars. A wide range of adjustments for torso heights. For load handling wise, my moose quarters (46') stuck up as far as my rifle barrel did, and with the load carrier and bag cinched down. It didn't wobble or wiggle at all