Im so wrapping my new recurve in this......

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
who Dips and whats it cost? Its wood I thought Dipping required Metal for it to bond? Maybe Im just ignorant on how the process works.

tater

WKR
Hydro dipping works on anything but is almost impossible to remove.
I've been taping longbows for years (camo tape, hockey tape etc.) and Goo Gone or WD40 takes the residue off just fine. No issue with damaging the finish on any of my bows.

I think that tape would be the answer (just because i believe that duct tape actually holds the universe together).

Last edited:
I don't think I would want to wrap my bow in duct tape... they make sleeves you can slide onto the limbs if you really want to camo your bow. But if it is a tradional bow made out of wood isn't it already camo? there are lots of sticks in the woods...

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
true enough Rodney but this is a older bear recurve. With the white Face on the inside. reflects light off the shiney surface pretty well.

wilkes

Lil-Rokslider
Looks good to me! I wish I didn't get smashed by international post otherwise I would grab one.

Whatever you tape, dont leave it on there long.

Ive pulled white tape of a few coyote guns that was on to long. Hockey tape or white duct tape usually. Good luck getting that residue off!

who Dips and whats it cost? Its wood I thought Dipping required Metal for it to bond? Maybe Im just ignorant on how the process works.

Not sure the cost but i know a guy locally that just did my glock in highlander (check the firearms threads to see pics). I believe the dip bonds to paint so he would prob paint your bow with some sort of base coat then dip. If youre close to p-west and want his contact info i can get it to you, send me pm

ethan

WKR
You can get that "sticky goo" left on by the adhesive off with denatured alcohol and it wont hurt the finish. Just a thought.

homebru

FNG
You can find hydro dippers on line and ask in forums like this. You can find removable "stick on" limb covers as well (look for imitation snake skins as an example). Some guys use plasti-dip on their cars and peel it off when they want to change colors (I got some in black to protect the limb tips of my bow - I see you can order camoflage). When you're done, you can peel it off.
hope this helps.
homebru