I'm going to Kenai, Alaska....

Flying with multiple weapons in a case is no big deal as long as you stay under the 50 pound limit. Ammo load it in the tuffpak. Just make sure it’s secured in boxes. Think you’re limited to 11 pounds.
I believe the limit on ammo is mostly regulated by the airline company, but I don't know for sure. AK Air allows a maximum 50 lbs. on their flights. I've flown many times with multiple firearms (including handguns, etc.), in one rifle case along with multiple boxes of misc. ammo.

I'll also suggest the drive down to Homer. I wasn't much for the tourist shops but my girlfriend loved the beach on the spit.

Book a combo halibut/salmon trip out of Anchor Point. The tractor launch is a very unique thing to experience. This will be your best bet for getting fish this time of year. Otherwise, you will be working really hard to find fish that you can retain.

Download the ADFG app. You need to know what GMU you are in at all times when you are hunting. Same with fishing, different rivers have different regs. Know where you are.

Download the OnX app. You will need to know whose land you are on if you stalk a bear. Private lands and native lands are interspersed with public lands. This will be bear-baiting season, so watch for posted bait signs. There are lots of bait stands on the Kenai. You could be walking into someone’s hunt.

OP
jeffpg

jeffpg

WKR
How did it go? Did you do any black bear hunting or any fishing?

No, I unfortunately didn't do either... I was a bit too early for the prime fishing and never quite got zeroed in on where to go for bears. I worked 7 days a week, 13.5 hours a day for the entire time I was there with the exception of one - 2 day weekend and a 1 day weekend off, so I didn't have much time for boots on the ground scouting. Once the job was done, I had a little time before needing to depart for home, but not quite enough to do what I wanted, so I decided to make a return trip dedicated to play and not work. Hopefully, I can take what I did learn while there and add some good information for a return trip.

We did make the drive down to Homer on Easter Sunday, and then went to Seward the following weekend. The views on those 2 drives and the one from Anchorage to Kenai are nothing short of amazing. Although most of it was spent on the job, we thoroughly enjoyed our 2 months in Alaska. People were very friendly and accommodating and we look forward to visiting again.

Yeah I could definitely see how that was a little early. At least you got to experience some Alaska. An amazing place indeed