I'm buying a Sub $1000 gun, narrowed down to 2 choices. Need input.

So,

I'm going to buy a new hunting rifle chambered in 7 mm PRC. My requirements are that it needs to be below $900 (ideally), with a 24 inch threaded barrel, and again ideally to be sub MOA. Right now with all of the research I've done I've narrow it down to 2 choices…
1- CVA Acura long range hunter
2- Browning X bolt max lr

Both have a threaded 24" barrel. Browning xbolt has a heavy sporter barrel and the CVA long range hunter has a medium heavy barrel I think? Either way, both have great reviews and have produced some great groups.

Anyway, what do y'all think?

Last edited:
I would lean toward the browning personally. Bigger market share and I really think browning has really been making some awesome guns as of late. I think either one in 7prc will shoot lights out. Good luck!

I vote Browning. I have one in 7prc and it shoots great. I don’t have any experience with the CVA.

farmermail

Lil-Rokslider
If you reload, doesn't matter, you can get either to shoot great. If not, Browning. They eat factory ammo very well.

Sled

WKR
If you made me pick between only those two, browning. You'd want to keep that rifle in it's factory configuration and just shoot it.

Nicaburns

Lil-Rokslider
Browning! And if you don’t want the heavy barrel, snag the composite hunter for under $700