If you had to start over....

Weldor

WKR
I would think before I buy, knowing what I think I know now. I have way to many presses and scales, powder throwers. etc.

xsn10s

WKR
I agree with getting a basic single stage set up. Digital scales are great, but I have a beam scale as backup. Pretty much what everyone is telling you works. I'd add a concentricity gauge to measure bullet runout and ensuring that your die set ups are good to go.

Mojave

WKR
Buy tools that make things fast, while being consistent. Tools that do multiple steps in one are huge time savers.

Things I wouldn’t give up,

Giraud trimmer, trim chamfer debur in one step.

SAC modular dies with expanding decapper. One pull decaps, expands and sizes.

V4 auto trickler. Mainly for speed.

All depends on what you’re doing. If your going to shoot precision rifle matches loading with dated/manual equipment becomes a pain real fast.

This is solid.

Press doesn't matter as much. concentric press that works for your budget.

I both love and hate progressive presses, this depends on how much of a chore reloading is to you. Sometimes it is a chore and sometimes I enjoy it.

Progressive makes it stupid easy.

Single stage makes it good.

Arbor press builds precision.

What is your goal.

Ultimate precision?

Cheap enough?

My work flows depend on what I am trying to do.

1. always de-cap first.

2. Clean dry media (walnut hulls)

3. anneal

4. lube and size

5. Chamfer

4. clean in wet media ultrasonicly, or with just hot soapy water and a couple mile drive in the country and Lemmie Shine.

5. dry

6. prime

7. fill cases with powder

8. seat bullets.

EdP

WKR
All the major die mfgs offer a micrometer bullet seating adjuster. It is a nice item to have. Most of the mfgs sell one for each caliber seating die. Hornady sells one that works for all of their different caliber dies so you only ever have to buy one. Unless not available in the caliber I wanted, I have bought only Hornday dies ever since for that reason.

SloppyJ

WKR
I'd go straight for the FA Intellidropper instead of the triple beam then digi and trickler.

Same with the FA trim and prep center. Or I'd buy one of the fancy guiards or however you spell it. Stuff to make brass prep easier is the biggest time savings IMO.

This will be atypical but I really like the lee classic turret press I have and can't say I'd change that to start. You can use it like a single stage or set it up to rotate and throw powder to knock out big quantities of pistol of gas gun loads. I could easily get by with a single stage though and ive started shooting PRS and loading 150 to 200 at a time.

I'd skip trying to save money on dies and only get the RCBS matchmaster FL bushing sets.

Vern400

WKR
I'd buy my rock chucker again. Used. Off eBay.
I'd buy an RCBS 505 scale and charge Master lite. Check one with the other. Don't die
I'd start out measuring cbto and not overall length so get shoulder and headspace gauges.
I like the micrometer dies for rifles.
I would probably use Walnut media again for vibratory cleaning. I'm scared of losing a metal pin somewhere and having it do something bad.