If you could only have one piece of glass.....

Exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Also the EL's made before 2010 (plus or minus a year) are not Swarovision(SV) but were called Swarobright. The SLC's are a great bino and can be had for hundreds less than the EL's. The year Swarovski products and manufactured can be found by adding 30 years to the first two numbers of the Serial Number. The SLC's in classifieds now start with 81xxxxx so they were made in 2011 and it says HD on the box. The EL's will say SV if they are the Swarovision's.

I believe all the SLC models made the last few years are HD, it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong( just ask my wife).

You are correct both are HD from a glass perspective. My point was the SLCs and Els are tuned differently. The Els with the flat lenses are focused more on resolution and clarity than light gathering (Els are very popular among bird watchers). The SLCs are really tuned for hunting (light gathering). We are splitting hairs here as Swaros are top notch and most folks wouldn't see the difference unless the flat lenses make one dizzy like stated above which is not uncommon.

You are correct both are HD from a glass perspective. My point was the SLCs and Els are tuned differently. The Els with the flat lenses are focused more on resolution and clarity than light gathering (Els are very popular among bird watchers). The SLCs are really tuned for hunting (light gathering). We are splitting hairs here as Swaros are top notch and most folks wouldn't see the difference unless the flat lenses make one dizzy like stated above which is not uncommon.

^^^Good info.

Put me in the SLC camp. I wouldn't refuse them if I won a pair of EL's- grin- but for some reason I prefer the view of the SLCs.

It was probably said above, but the SLCs are tuned to be a touch brighter for hunting and the ELs are a touch more HD (resolution). I personally have the ELs and like Dot, would not trade for anything. We have one of the best optic experts on this sight and has written many detailed articles on this topic. Check out the article section and previous posts going back a couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The difference is colors, edge to edge clarity, resolution, and 1% of light transmission.

Back