If you could only choose 1

If you could only choose 1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
For me elk hunting is an addiction and has been for 30 years. If I could not elk hunt for a year my wife would divorce me.

If you could only choose 1 of the following 3 choices which would you choose.

For me give me a chance at a 300 inch bull every year and I would be happy!

craitchky

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe after I get a few 300's under my bely I might feel different, but see how as I am still looking for my first elk period, I will take a 300 every year.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Are you kidding? I can't imagine not hunting bulls every year. 300 is a big bull. The "320" bulls on most hunting shows would be lucky to break 280.

not a trophy guy. I am an experience guy. I am there for the thrill of the backcountry experience and the chance to put meat on the table.

JPD350

WKR
If you put me in a unit that has plenty of 300 bulls I would be like a kid in a candy store! when there are plenty of 300 bulls there are quite a few bigger bulls as well, at least where I come from.

a3dhunter

WKR
I love hunting mule deer, so based on that I chose the option for hunting 375 bulls every three years.
In reality, I don't see a unit where we would be able to hunt 375 bulls every three years. Right now you have to wait 20 years to draw a unit like that for the most part.

dotman

WKR
Could care less about score, it is all about the hunt and being in the moment! I'll take the yearly memories even if i only shot a spike or raggy or ended up with tag soup.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I can hunt a unit and have a legit chance at a bull every year that is 260+ I'm in. Its about the screaming bulls, scenery, and whole hunt. Let me at 'em

I've shot one elk with my bow, a cow. The last few years, I've really ramped up my physical fitness and scouting, and think I've found the honey hole that'll produce my second elk, hopefully a nice bull. I'm more about meat in the freezer, but getting up really close and personal is what archery is all about for me. A 300 class bull would be the icing on the cake, but I'll take the first ethical shot and fill the freezer.

cmeier117

WKR
Killing an Elk means I was Successful... Don't care for Antlers as much. But 300 is a great trophy in my book!

up until right now i am a meat hunter. i want to go every year. cows aren't even safe when i'm around lol. that may change if i draw the Gila this year

7mag.

WKR
I voted for the 300 inchers every year. I am more interested in hunting than killing. I have had many great hunts that ended with tag soup.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Great poll Ross, I Can't stand the thought of not hunting elk every year.

ElkNut1

WKR
I'm not a trophy hunter but an elk hunter at heart without a doubt! I'll take a 250" bull everyear & never blink an eye, heck if worse came to worse I'd hunt spikes! (grin)

ElkNut1

JPD350

WKR
This bull is why I would prefer to hunt every year, you don't always get one every year but units filled with these little dinks is like heaven on earth!

Attachments

• Gila-September-2009-020.jpg
    Gila-September-2009-020.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 20

Xtorminator

Lil-Rokslider
I would be happy to find a 225+ bull every year. I get just as exicted about calling in a small bull and running an arrow through his chest as I do a big one.