If you could only choose 1

If you could only choose 1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vcb

WKR
The only reason I chose the limited entry every 3 yrs. is it would give me time to concentrate on Moose, Mule deer, Antelope etc... They always get swept under the carpet for elk season!

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
RSCN3989.jpg

IMG_33562.jpg

DSC02158.jpg

DSC02179.jpg

I gotta hunt every year, so a 300 bull every now and then with some little guys in between makes me happy like a pig in poop!

tracker

FNG
I can't imagine finding a spot with 300 inch bulls around every year! Two years ago I drew unit 76 in Co. and was in heaven. Just seeing that many elk was a treat. If you have this location to share please e-mail me. I have been going every year since the late nineties.

Rod

Lil-Rokslider
Since I am 0-3 on elk, 300 seems huge! Any elk with my longbow would be sweet!!

Swede

WKR
All of my elk have scored very well on my plate. There is not one that did not meet my trophy standard. I am pleased to hunt them every year.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I would rather be in the field every year. A healthy herd is not necessarily dictated by how big the bulls are.

I haven't gotten off of the raghorn express yet, in fact the last two years I have regressed in antler size. However, I put the binoculars on one bull well over 340, and one pushing 370. Both were in the same general unit, and I have a chance to hunt them again next year.

radman

FNG
Ross, a 300" bull in Oregon is considered fairly big, especially the Roosies!! I'd much rather hunt EVERY year!!

gil_wy

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry... I just love chasing BIG bulls... 320 would have to be my cut off, otherwise it's 375 every 3 years....

TwoTikkas

WKR
It's not about the antlers for me. Being 100% DIY,it's about the solitude,the mountains,and the peace. Sure a big old brute of a bull would be great. I sure wouldn't pass it up,but I have to be realistic. For my budget a $1,500 round trip is about it. Guides,outfitters,and trespass fees just aren't in the cards. I'm happy with any time in the mountains,and a 300" bull suits me down to the ground.

G Posik

WKR
How about just getting a 300" with my long bow.

That is what I am talking about, I am a TROPHY HUNTER ONLY!!!!!!!!!!! Everything I shoot with a bow is a trophy (I only bow hunt) so where do I sign up for the 300" bull every year? I will shoot a P&Y cow if she gets in range.

thebugler

FNG
Im with ya Ross! I have to hunt elk every year and every day off that I have during season for myself, or helping friends. Chasing screaming bulls every three years or every six years is totally unacceptable! :) LOL!

400out

FNG
Don't know about you guys but in wa you'd be damn lucky to draw a tag with 300 inch bulls every 7-8 years so if I'm waiting I want 400.

I'm just not as picky with elk as I'm deer. I drew an elk tag in WY unit 7 this year and I'd be pumped to shoot a 300-320 bull with my bow.

I like to hunt elk simply put. So every year is good to me. With that said I also like to try to kill big bulls. A 360+ bull is a dream for me. But I love hunting elk so not waiting for 20 years to hunt elk isnt a bad thing. A 300+ bull is a good bull in Colorado.