If Tikkas are so good, then why is the classifieds filled with them?

mitchellmountain

Lil-Rokslider
I've had 3 or 4, very accurate and will shoot most loads I tried well without tinkering too much. For me it was aesthetics, and that's the only reason( and not a great one) that I sold them and moved on to Remington model 7's and kimbers. I just couldn't love the stock and gradually moved onto something else I wanted more. That being said I'm kind of a wandering eye guy when it comes to rifles( just not womens).

Jon C

FNG
Had three tikkas down to one. Liked both I sold. First one was a rh 7mm-08. Then I ordered a lh 300wsm. In the meantime a lh 308 went on the shelf and traded the 7mm-08 on it. Both were super accurate. Just traded the 308 on a lh Christensen arms 300 prc. Wasn’t shooting the 308 often. Never selling the 300 wsm if I get bored with it it’ll get a new barrel. I was grabbing the 300 wsm and a model 71 348 win more than anything. 300 prc is to play with long range wanted the brake and a little heavier rifle.

The only Tikka I ever sold was to replace it with the same rifle (T3 300WSM) with a stainless synthetic copy.
So far:
T3 SS/S purchased in 2003 in 300WSM and 7-08. Both are boringly accurate and aren't leaving the nest anytime soon.
My son and his girlfriend have since purchased T3X in 300WSM and 6..5CM.