Ideas for staying awake while driving solo

OP
feanor

feanor

WKR
Alright guys. What an excellent bank of suggestions- some were extremely practical and were implemented during the drive- and some were bordering on illegal, which I did not use.
Nevertheless, back now with no drama on the road!

Get a lively podcast going. Thats about the best thing for me, cant be dull tho. Has to be something that truly keeps you engaged.

swe048

FNG
I find podcasts that may interest me
If I eat an apple slowly, that seems to help
I have used sunflower seeds on occasion
A quick nap, like half an hour, and of course, caffeine

neil.hansford

Lil-Rokslider
Roll your window down and hold your wallet out the window. If you go to sleep, you'll drop your wallet....

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

tuffcity

WKR
political talk show satellite radio... from all sectors of politics. I find yelling at the radio really helps to keep me awake. :) That an reflecting on the shear stupidity of some of the people that call and "debate".

ELKhunter60

Lil-Rokslider
stock-photo-image-of-a-rubber-chicken-being-choked-metaphor-for-male-self-gratification-53233651.jpg

My go to is caffeine and snacks until I start nodding off. But honestly just taking a quick nap is sometimes the best thing to do.

Stand up comedy usually helps pass the time and keep me awake. Several one hour specials downloaded, switch to interesting podcast or so jamming music like van Halen or acdc.
Nap as soon as the nods starts.

I've found the drinking water when I start to get tired helps and then the full bladder helps for a bit.
Stop to empty the bladder and walk around a bit, get the blood flowing.

The -ine's will only get you so far before you crash hard.