Ideas for comparing/ buying mountain boots?

CoHiCntry

WKR
I need some new boots and like many others I'm having a hard time trying to find all the brands I'm interested in to try on. I'm not crazy about buying online without trying them on first. Sportsmans has Kenetrek, REI has some Lowas but not the models I'm interested in. I went to the sportsmans show last year and the only boot manf. there was Kenetrek. What I'd really like to do is find a place that will send me several of the boots I'm interested in so I can compare them side by side. In the house of course. It would be nice if the big boot manf. had demos they would send you to try. Anyone know of something like this or other options of trying on boots before buying? I'm mostly interested in different models from Kenetrek, Lowa, Zamberlan, Meindl, Scarpa, La Sportiva, Hanwag, and maybe a couple others I can't think of right now. Thanks...

UPnorth

FNG
Check zappos.com

They pay for shipping both ways, so returns shouldn't cost you anything. I know that they at least carry Scarpa, or used to.

Tiger Rag

WKR
Yep, keep them on carpet and just return them if they won't work for you.

Another great place to try is Sierra Trading Post. Sign up for their emails to get massive coupons. Wait for a 35% off - sometimes with free shipping and you'll score a deal. They have several high end mountain boots. Brands/models/colors seem to rotate as they get closeouts.