Non-Rubber Boots for Mud

Hi Rokslide,

Anyone use non-rubber boots for mud? Most rubber boots don't fit me, the uppers don't cinch down enough (as I'm on the skinny side) and my feet are shaped too weird to be locked down well in the heel without hurting. I usually don't get super deep into mud, but I want something that can be submersed in standing water for short periods of time.

Would something like the LL Bean boot work?

yfarm

WKR
There are lace up rubber boots, the muck apex may be the mostcomfortable. Other brands include Dunlap and Onguard- more industrial in use. Hard to imagine a worse environmentfor a leather boot than mud, perhaps try a wading boot with a neoprene sock

ever think about just using a rubber overshoe or overboot with your existing boot of choice?

OP
H
There are lace up rubber boots, the muck apex may be the mostcomfortable. Other brands include Dunlap and Onguard- more industrial in use. Hard to imagine a worse environmentfor a leather boot than mud, perhaps try a wading boot with a neoprene sock
View attachment 665845

Xtratuf lace up. I wear these daily and love them.
This is why I come here - I had no idea these existed. I'll try them this season, thanks!
ever think about just using a rubber overshoe or overboot with your existing boot of choice?
I like them for short distances but I like to flush birds on farm field edges and it can be a lot of walking. I haven't found anything comfortable or light enough to be well-suited to this.