Ideas for Building New Arrows

JjamesIII

WKR
Not really. You’ll get to the same point.
If at all possible, I’d rather have more material in the broadhead design, like a thicker ferrule vs. insert weight. If you can add structural integrity to the system all the better. Aside from that, the arrow won’t react differently in flight. Foc is foc, I aim to shoot around 10% and 550 ish grain arrow driving around 280 fps. I don’t like an arrow flying much faster due to potential flight issues, and my bows noise/ efficiency is generally better compared to using a lighter arrow.

Caleb777

FNG
But a heavier insert is typically longer if it is made of the same material. So that will extend further into the shaft. Essentially stiffening that arrow to some degree. Something to think about too

I currently shoot day six .250 spines and iron will wides, like your current arrows. Having said that this uear I'm planning to build some Easton axis shafts with ironwill Hitt inserts and collars and keep the 4 fletch Maxx stealth vanes. I have shot lighted nock and standards and got back and forth if I want to go the light route on these new arrows or not

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk